Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 20
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 4 Months
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 13311
Applications for the 2022 class of Millenium Fellowship are open to undergraduate students throughout the world. The UN Academic Impact and MCN Millennium Fellowship is a unique semester-long leadership development program on-campus that is intended to develop the participants’ leadership capacity.
The Millennium Campus Network (MCN) was established in 2007 in the university dorm room. This fellowship aims to help undergraduate applicants to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Therefore, young and inspiring leaders from any part of the globe are invited to participate in this inspirational and real leadership program. Join the class of 2022!
Fall Duration program 2021
- The priority deadline for fellows: January 31, 2021, 11:59 PM EST
- 2nd Priority Application Deadline: February 28, 2021, 11:59 PM EST,
- Final Application Deadline: 11:59 PM EST, April 16, 2021. Extended to Friday, April 30, 2021
- Result announcement: July 15, 2020
- Program duration: August 1, 2021, to December 1, 2021
- Global Town Hall: TBD August-September 2021
- Graduation: November 2021 (TBD)
- End-of-Program Evaluation: Submit your materials by November 30, 2021.
Fall program 2022:
- Application start: August 1, 2021
- Application Close- November
Number of fellows: 8 to 20 each campus
Required language: English
Location: Online and on selected campuses in any part of the world
Propose of the project: community establishment
Themes of the program:
- Convene: Challenging each other.
- Challenge: Plan development and take action for your session together, exchange the best practice, think big, campus-wide sustainability organization, etc.
- Celebrate: Get a certificate of recognition from UN Academic Impact and Millennium Campus Network.
- After completion of the program, attend the MCN Alumni Community and be prepared to make a social impact.
- Applicant’s age must be above 18 years.
- Applicants must be registered as undergraduate students in a college or a university for the entire duration of the program.
- Must be able to demonstrate an excellent academic background during the entire duration of the program.
- Must be committed to taking part actively during the program.
- Applicants must have excellent knowledge of English.
- The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) for Doctoral Studies
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships in Canada
- 2021 CUP Fellowship for Change in Design ($40,000 stipend)
- Fully-Funded Fellowship in Amsterdam, the Netherlands for Young Talented Individuals
- OSCE Academy Associate Research Fellowship for PhD Candidates and Post-PhD Researchers
- Frequency: all fellows will be invested in capacity building through community building, interacting with each other base on fellowship curriculum vitae.
- Buy-in: anyone, university president/vice-chancellor will get behind the millennium fellows to follow their vision, take action for their projects; if it is performed out of campus, members of the community will involve in leading and shaping them.
- Impact: applicants must run their projects successfully and share their stories to develop the SDGs and UNAI principles with MCN and UNAI.
- Continuity: fellows with campus directorate follow to meet the program in Spring 2020 regularly and must be committed to building out a robust campus hub.
- Applicants must participate in the six fellowship sessions and three virtual events.
- In October 2020, applicants must submit about a 2 or 3 min video tour of their project.
- Must fulfill the entrance and an exit evaluation of the fellowship.
- Completed the project report and self-reflection.
- In addition, applicants must take part in 4 hours of training, visit with their Co-Director and manage one-to-one meetings up to 15 minutes each with other fellows.
- Provide their Campus Hub Sessions and commit to regular communication with the MCN team.
How to apply:
Eligible applicants should apply online by filling out the online application form. Due to the limited number of fellowships, you are strongly encouraged to apply early. The application had different rounds so you should first complete the first round.
Please do not fill this form more than once.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, and eligible students will proceed to the second and final round of the application.
Please visit the Millineum Fellowship website for more information.