Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
This art competition is created for the artist to allow them to share their creativity correctly.
This year there is a unique competition: #dreamball design. Among the best designs, the five best them are going to be turned into footballs stitched by refugees and the host community members in Kenya, through an ethical ball manufacturing company: Alive and Kicking.
the winning balls are decided to be sold online to support opportunities for refugees.
The Deadline is 25 June 2021, but it is encouraged to share your creation as early as possible.
For further questions contact [email protected]
- Applicants aged between 10 and 30 years are eligible to apply.
- Creative applicants who can make their creations either by hand or computer can submit their drawings.
- Applicants are not required to be professional artists. (stateless and internally displaced people are most inspired to join the contest)
- The winning submission will be animated and published on UNGCR platforms.
- Applicants will have the chance to bring their art to life in their favorite style.
- The winning submission will be viewed by 10 million audiences.
- Winners will receive a special prize and different goodies from UNHCR.
The overall theme is “together through sport”. Sport has proven to be one of the most important pillars to restore physical and mental health, inspire and energize us and create solidarity to team up to beat COVID-19. Sport assists those who face the hardest times in their lives in rebuilding their futures.
Applicants can focus and use their talents to illustrate the power of sport to bring people together with one of the following themes:
- Sports bring hope: sport is a way to heal after going through difficult times. Sports assists with our mental health during the pandemic, and it helps refugees to recover from the experience of war and persecution. Read More
- Sports fosters inclusion: sport brings people together. when refugees find safety in their new country, playing with others in that community helps them make friends easily.
- Sports inspire: Everyone loves to watch their favorite athletes. Read more
- The first option: make your paint by hand, then scan or take its picture with good quality.
- Second option: draw your paint by computer by using different design programs, with 300 pixels’ quality.
- After completion, submit them in PDF, JPEG, or PNG format.
How to apply:
Interested applicants must provide their documents and submit them through the online application form.
Note: for the general competition, send a drawing or a comic illustrating the theme. For the #dreamball design competition, use the ball design template and draw within the two frames. If you can not print or use the template, draw the pentagon and hexagon shapes by hand. Remember to use a maximum of 3 various colors including white.
alternatively, you can also post your drawing on your own social media using “together with #withrefugees” and #dreamball.
For more info, please have a look at UNHCR official website