Opportunity ID 14743
UNHCR’s Representation for Northern Europe is pleased to hire a new intern in the communication and public information unit. The internship aim is to provide supports for UNHCR’s work, missions, and mandate to develop refugee response. Interested applicants who are able to start their work from 1 September 2020 are highly encouraged to apply.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Position title: Communication and public information unit
Deadline: 29 May 2020
Program start date: 1 September 2020
Duration: 4-6 months
- 1000 USD Dollars monthly for transportation and food
Note: applicants must be able to cover other expenses such as medical insurance, traveling, and visa costs.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interns are responsible for providing content related to UNHCR programs, stories, on good integration practice, or interview the refugees to collect information for the website and maintain the regional website of UNHCR.
- Media formats and content should be improved to maintain pace with fresh in digital communication trends that must be developed, producing new concepts to communicate and advocate critical goals, including on social media as well.
- The refugee issues must be monitored, tracked, and analyzed in print, broadcast, and digital media.
- The communication materials must be interpreted in English and other local languages.
- Based on the applicant’s interest areas and priorities must perform research duties. Such as data collection, proactive media pitching, conduct campaigns in the theme of communication and educational materials conversion.
- Applicants must have a degree in communication, media studies, journalism, political science, development studies, migrations, and international relations.
- Must have strong English language skills.
- Must be familiar with the Nordic region, such as political context.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Practical experience in a related area such as writing experience in newspaper articles, student journalism, local association or group, and experience in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Motivation letter about one page
- Recent Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- UNHCR personal history form
- Health form
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants can submit their document through email
Note: Applicants can submit their sample work as well (any language your work example can be).
For further details, please have a look at the UNHCR official website