Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 51
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 150532
Applications are now open for the #DigitalGamesForPeace challenge. It is a contest for youths between the (ages of 18-35) from South and Southeast Asia who are game designers, game developers, or researchers in the areas of peacebuilding, prevention of violent extremism, or intercultural dialogue – to submit their applications for a chance to generate creative ideas, design and develop game-changing projects on applying games for peacebuilding. So, if you are someone whose career or background meets the challenge criteria, apply for this amazing opportunity.
Deadline: 7 June 2021, 11:59 PM IST Extended: June 28, 2021
Organizers: UNOCT, UNAOC & UNESCO MGIEP
Eligible regions: South and Southeast Asia
Number of shortlist: 51
Phases of the challenge
The contest consists of two phases:
- Phase one: June-September 2021
- Phase two: October-December 2021 (21 participants will move on to this phase)
- Successful applicants will have the opportunity to lead a UN project.
- The program will significantly enhance participants’ capacities on intercultural dialogue, social and emotional learning, game-based methodologies.
- After the project, they will have additional skills to ignite sustainable peace in your respective community.
- They will meet and work with a unique group of young game-changers from South and Southeast Asia.
- Additionally, they will be part of a select group of individuals who will gain the opportunity to meet and exchange with practitioners from the above fields.
Youths wishing to apply must:
- Fall in the age category of 18 and 35.
- Be nationals from or have a residence in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Pakistan or Sri Lanka.
- Possess experience in one or more of the following areas: social and emotional learning (SEL), the prevention of violent extremism (PVE), or (video) gaming.
- Enjoy good research and writing skills.
- Be able to work and receive training in English.
How to apply?
Applicants may apply online by following the instructions & submitting their applications at the link below.
To read more details about the challenge, you may refer to the website of UNESCO-MGIEP.