Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 6
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Opportunity ID 2305
If you are working to promote literacy and skills development, and have an innovative idea or project in the field of literacy, you can apply to the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2022. UNESCO is accepting applications and nominations for its 2022 literacy prizes.
This prize has been awarded since 1967. Over 485 projects and programs have recognized that are undertaken by governments, NGOs, individuals.
Prize application details:
Deadline for the nomination: June 20, 2022 (12:00 am Paris time) Extended: July 12
Nomination deadline for nominating entities: July 12, 2022
In the year 2022 UNESCO will offer two types of prizes for literacy practices:
Location: Paris, France
- The UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize:
- Focus on mother tongue literacy and education training and development.
- Supported by The Korean government
- Established in 1989
- Number of awards: 3
- Award: A medal + 20,000 USD+ a diploma
- The UNESCO Confucius Prize for literacy:
- Focuses on adult literacy promotion particularly in rural and country areas, out of school youth, girls and women,
- Supported by the government of China
- Established in 2005
- Number awards: 3
- Cash prize: 30000 USD
Award value and benefits:
Each award contains the following:
- A medal
- 20,000/30,000 US Dollars
- A diploma
Who is eligible to apply or nominate?
Applicants who fall in one of the following categories can participate in the UNESCO literacy award:
The projects must meet the following criteria to be considered as an eligible project for the UNESCO international Literacy award:
- The project or program must be relevant to literacy and areas focused by the prize
- Be relevant to individuals and the social needs and have high-quality design, structure, management and other factors that the effects the process and impact of the project
- Have a high quality of teaching and learning
- The impact of the project is another criteria for the selection. The more positive effect the project will have, the more desired the project will be.
Furthermore, the projects must be effective and be ongoing for at least 3 years and have not been awarded this prize in the last 5 years
Related: read about L’Oreal UNESCO Women in Science Prize 2022 (5 Award of €100000)
How to apply
There are two ways to apply to UNESCO International Literacy Prize:
- Applicants can submit their application or nomination to the entities such as the National Commission for UNESCO in the country or a UNESCO partner organization.
- Applicants can submit their applications online.
Any relevant question can be asked by contacting [email protected]
- Hult Prize (1 Million Dollar) for University Students
- D-Prize for entrepreneurs
- 2022 Children’s Prize Contest ($150,000) for Children’s Live Savers
See all awards and grants HERE