Opportunity ID 12653
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 3
Fields of study Sustainable Development
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
UNESCO Centre for Peace, the U.S. Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centres, and Associations (USFUCA), and the World Genesis Foundation call upon youth worldwide to participate in the Multimedia Contest 2024. The competition provides unmatched connectivity, putting the youth in one of the best positions to effect a much-needed change in the world.
UNESCO’s mission is to catalyze the optimism of the world youth to respond to an urgent problem and serve others on a good platform. This competition is an outstanding opportunity for youth to develop leadership skills, learn how the United Nations conducts itself, and meet youth worldwide.
In 2015, all UN Member States adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, centered around the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to ensure global peace and prosperity. Now, UNESCO is inviting youth to participate by sharing their voices.
This year’s focus is multimedia, where participants can choose one SDG and present it through a video, song, artwork, app, or game. Teach the organizers about your chosen goal and how to drive positive change locally and globally. The top winner for each SDG will be highlighted and showcased.
- Organized By: UNESCO, USFUCA World Genesis Foundation and WhizJuniors
- Application Deadline: March 25, 2024 (Midnight GMT)
- Announcement of Winners: 31 May 2024
- Number of Finalists: Three (3)
- Gender: Male/female
- Legibly Countries: All
- Competition Theme: We invite applicants to take action, share their voices, and be the change.
Eligibility for the UNESCO Clubs Worldwide Youth Multimedia Competition
The different age groups are eligible to submit an entry for the competition as follows:
- Youth ages 10-24 years old can participate in this competition.
- Applicants should agree to the competition rules and regulations in this content.
- Choose one of the 17 sustainable goals.
- Ensure your work is original and relevant to the chosen goal.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
Prizes and Benefits of the Competition
Judging and Selection
Following are the judges and selection process and criteria:
- Entries are judged by an international panel online.
- The competition has a two-part judging process.
- An equal number of entries per judge
- Winner for each of the 17 goals
- Two honorable mentions per goal
- Judging based on a 1-10 scale for relevance, creativity, originality, development, and impact
How do you apply for the UNESCO Clubs Worldwide Youth Multimedia Competition?
- Entrants will access the submission form via the official UNESCOUSA.org website linked below.
- The form will redirect them to the partner website, WorldGenesis.org.
- Participants will complete a 1-page submission form.
- Each participant will be assigned a unique number for communication, certificates, and project tracking.
Please refer to the official announcement link on UNESCO’s website for further information.
Check More Competition: