Opportunity ID 3089
Every two years,The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) organizes a Youth Forum for young entrepreneurs who are interested in trade and development issues. This year’s Forum will happen at UNCTAD, in Geneva, Switzerland as part of the UNCTAD 2018 World Investment Forum.
Young future leaders from around the world will be provided with the opportunity to share and learn experiences around the theme of Youth Entrepreneurship: A Force towards Inclusive and Sustainable Growth by participating in the Forum. The Forum will mainly focus on topics that relate to youth empowerment throughout the week joining workshops, TED-style plenary sessions, breakout sessions and networking events. Participants will also be able to attend public sessions of the World Investment Forum.
Forum location: the Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
Forum period: 22-26 October, 2018
Available seats: 250
Application deadline: August 15, 2018
Successful applicant’s notification: no later than 20 August, 2018
- Have between 18 and 30 years old
- Knowledge of English
- Owns a valid passport
- Interested in trade and development issues and have experience (academic and professional)
- Committed to invest time to prepare for and actively participate in the Forum
- Work or study experience in the areas that UNCTAD works or focuses on.
Participants are required to find a funding source by themselves.
- Online application form
- A short video to show your motivation for participation in the Youth Forum. (Max. 2 minutes, mp4 format only)
- A motivation letter (300 words max.) focus on the following points:
- Why do you want to participate in UNCTAD Youth Forum?
- How do you intend to contribute to the Forum?
- What knowledge and skills you have and how will these enrich the conversation and actions moving forward?
- A recommendation letter from a high-level authority at a University, Institution or Business
- Equal geographical representation
- Balanced gender distribution
- Diversity of backgrounds
- Quality of the supporting material
Applicants need to fully complete the online application form and include the URL of their video and letter of motivation. They are also required to send their recommendation letter to this email address:
For more information please UNCTAD Youth Forum
Related: Top 10 Conference