Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Fields of study Leadership And Volunteering
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 100548
UN Volunteer and UN Women have launched a new young women leaders initiative and call on 10 young women leaders from the Global South (including Afghanistan) to apply and serve as UN Volunteer with UN Women at its headquarters in New York. Through this initiative, UN Volunteer aims to provide professional opportunities for young women to exercise leadership skills and become tomorrow’s leaders while improving gender diversity in UN Women and its activities. So, if you are searching for such a fantastic opportunity and are interested in becoming a leader, do apply for this.
Application deadline: 25 January 2021
Organizer: UN Women
Partner: UN Volunteer
Duration: One Year
Duty station: New York, USA
Number of applicants accepted: 10
Start date: Immediate
Benefits of Young Women Leaders (YWL) Program
- The YWL initiative will engage a diverse group of young women from the Global South who have a commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment and to the mission and work of the UN.
- The program will allow participants to share their experiences among young leaders from varied backgrounds across UN Women and further foster diversity in UN Women’s workforce.
- They will become part of the UN’s network of leaders.
- YWLs will be mentored by experts from their respective fields.
- Women applicants below the age of 29 from the Global South who are passionate about doing volunteer work for gender equality and women’s empowerment at the UN can apply.
- Applicants who have exhibited a commitment to gender equality through their academic, extra-curricular, or volunteer activities, and with diverse educational interests, including management, administration, international relations, communication, advocacy, human rights, gender studies or international development are the right options for the program.
- Women with disabilities, LGBTQI, gender non-conforming individuals, and other groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants need to possess a certain level of English skills.
How to apply?
Qualified candidates can apply online below.