Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Self Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 110725
Applications for the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations fellows program are now open. The Fellows Programme is intended to convene fellows, typically Ph.D. students, academics, and professors with an adequate level of relevant technical expertise and experience in any area of the Organization’s work. Fellows are also those willing to fulfill their specialized learning goals and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO.
Application deadline: 9 August 2021 (2:29 AM)
Organizational Units: Regional/Sub-regional/Country/Liaison Offices and headquarters
Duty station: Different
Duration: Varying according to agreements with the hiring office
The fellow will be allocated to various fields of work according to his/her background and to the needs of the Organization.
Duties and responsibilities
The fellow will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR), prepared by the hiring office prior to the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the fellow.
The fellow will report to an assigned supervisor.
Applicants will be evaluated according to these criteria:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or Ph.D.) or be studying in a Ph.D. program in a bona fide (i.e. listed in IAU/UNESCO database) university at the time of the application.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relating to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered a plus.
- Be nationals of Member Nations.
- Related research or working experience in any field of the organization.
- Age: there are no age limits.
- Applicants should be able to conform to an international multicultural atmosphere and have good communication skills.
- Those with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement do not qualify for the Fellows Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
- Qualified female applicants and competent nationals of non- and underrepresented member nations as well as candidates from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs) are encouraged to apply to this program.
- All applications will be assessed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- FAO does not provide compensation to fellows. Fellows should be fully supported by a dispatching/external entity. The name of the sponsoring institution should be stated in the online application.
How to apply?
To apply, visit the FAO recruitment website below and complete your profile online. Then, upload all the required documents and submit your application once your profile is completed.
In case of any help or queries, please contact: [email protected]
You need to upload to the online profile:
- Research proposal (according to your field)
- Evidence of your graduation or enrollment in a reputable institution
- Copy of your academic qualifications
For more information concerning the program, please visit the website of FAO.