Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 57132
About the scholarship
The University of Central Asia (UCA) in partnership with the Cambridge Trust is delighted to announce scholarship opportunities for Masters and Doctoral degrees at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. The applications for the 2022-23 scholarships are now open. Moreover, the scholarships are part of UCA’s ongoing Central Asian Faculty Development Programme (CAFDP) intended to ensure that academics from the region are strongly represented in UCA’s faculty. After the completion of their studies at the University of Cambridge, the Scholarship awardees will be required to work for four years at the University of Central Asia,
Application deadline: November 1st, 2021 (5 PM GMT)
Host University: University of Cambridge
Scholarship Providers: University of Central Asia (UCA) & Cambridge Trust
Study levels: Masters and PhD
The final deadline for shortlisted candidates for admission to the University: November 5th, 2021
Fields of study
The scholarships are offered to students aiming to pursue Masters or Doctoral studies in the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Communications and Media
- Business Management
- Earth and Environmental Sciences, or
The benefits for scholarship recipients will include:
- Tuition fees directly paid to the university; and
- A single person’s allowance.
- Campus France- Eiffel Excellence Scholarships
- ADB Scholarship at the University of Hawaii in Manoa 2021-2022
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021 at the University of Cambridge
Applicants must fulfill UCA’s eligibility benchmarks, and admission criteria to the University of Cambridge.
- Applicants from Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan are strongly encouraged to apply. Students from Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and northern Pakistan are also qualified.
- Higher education degree with exceptional academic records from a reputable university
- Passion for a Masters or Doctoral programme in fields reflecting UCA academic listed priorities
- Enthusiasm in a career within academia, including research and teaching
- Proven competency in selected course
- Excellent English language skills: IELTS score of 7.5 (with a minimum of 7.0 in each individual component) or TOEFL score of 110 (with 25 in each section)
- GRE General Test scores for Economics programmes (not necessary if the applicant holds a degree from a UK institution). GMAT tests are not acceptable.
How to apply?
In order to apply, interested and eligible students are invited to submit required documents to UCA through email by the deadline to the submission email: [email protected]
Documents required for UCA
- Curriculum Vitae (3 pages maximum)
- A copy of your picture page on your passport
- Academic Transcripts and Diplomas
- Personal Statement explaining your short and long-run career goals, field of study and research interests, why you are applying to the CAFDP, and what sets you apart from other candidate for CAFDP (3 pages maximum)
- For PhD degree, a short research Proposal (3 pages maximum)
NOTE: Please send the following documents in English to UCA.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview before October 31st, 2020. Then, UCA will only invite candidates who successfully pass the interview to submit a full online application by December 3rd 2020 to the University of Cambridge.
The University of Central Asia, in its discretion, has the right to turn down applications which are not complete by the specified date.
For further information please contact: [email protected] . Early inquiries are welcome.
For more recent opportunities, please check our new website: www.scholarships.af.