Opportunity ID 8700
Internationally renowned research groups and institutions from any point of the world can use this opportunity to visit universities from developing countries (specifically the least developed ones), help them in capacity building, and develop long term connections with leaders in Science other than physics and mathematics.
Besides having the opportunity to visit said countries, build long term connections, and help them within the capacity building through lectures, seminars, and researches, the Visiting Expert will have the following benefits:
- Economy class travel (round trip) covered by TWAS
- Local expenses covered by host institutions
- Upon completing the visit, the expert should provide comprehensive reports containing outlines of the impacts of their visit on research and educational programs.
- Applicants who will have successful visits will be considered to renew their visit in the following years.
- Applicants should only apply to one program per year in the portfolio of TWAS and OWSD.
- Applicants cannot visit another host country whilst under the program at that year.
- Exception: the head of an institution who under the program invites an expert can apply to another program.
- Should have international recognition in their field of Science (except mathematics and Physics)
- Nominations of women will be particularly welcomed as the program is striving to provide equal opportunities.
- Brief CV of the Visiting Expert (maximum 10 pages) and list of publications
- A letter detailing the teaching program and research with which he/she can help the host institution (applicants can access the template in the online form).
- Provide the supporting statement from the head of the host institution (template available in the online form).
How to apply:
Deadline: 1 October 2019
Duration: 2-4 weeks
Location: Developing countries in the South
Field: Natural sciences (Except Physics and Mathematics)
To start your application please click the link
For more information, please click the link