Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 5000
Fields of study All Subjects
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction Turkish
Opportunity ID 1289
Turkey Government offers 5000 scholarships annually for students from Afghanistan and worldwide to pursue their undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. studies or research in Turkish institutions. This program is one of the most significant scholarships for students that provides excellent facilities and benefits such as accommodation, tuition fees, flight tickets, etc.
- Application Start: January 10, 2023
- Application Close: February 20, 2023
- Evaluation Process: March to May 2023
- Interview Period: June – July 2023
- Announcement of Results: Early August
- Initial Procedures: August 2023
- Travel to Turkey: September 2023
- Location: Turkey
- Host Institutions: Turkish Universities
- Type of Scholarship: fully-funded
- Level of Study: Bachelor, Master, Ph.D., and Research
- Fields of Study: Various Fields
These are fully funded scholarships providing the following items to the students:
- Monthly Stipend of 1000 Turkish Lira (TL) for bachelor’s students, 1400 TL for Master’s degree students, 1800 TL for Ph.D. students, and 4000 TL for research for full-time scholarships;
- Monthly Stipend for short-term scholarships (1 year) include Undergraduate: 500 TL, Master’s: 700 TL, and Ph.D.: 900 TL;
- One-year free Turkish language training course and accommodation;
- Single-round travel cost to and from Turkey;
- Health insurance;
- Full Tuition fee;
- University and Program placement.
Candidates can apply for this scholarship considering the points below:
- Hold the nationality of any country other than Turkey;
- Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year;
- Be researchers and academics;
- Be healthy;
- Meet the language fluency criteria;
- Meet the age requirement as follows:
- Undergraduate Applicants: Under the age of 21
- Master’s Applicants: Under the age of 30
- D. Applicants: Under the age of 35
- Research Applicants: Under the age of 45
- Have completed or are likely to graduate from an educational institution with the following academic achievements:
- Undergraduate achievement: 70%
- Graduate achievement: 75%
- For Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy): 90%
All candidates should upload the following documents to the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS) online:
- Online application form;
- Valid ID card or passport;
- One photograph no longer than one year;
- National exam results (if any);
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate;
- Previous study transcripts;
- International exam results, including TOEFL, DELF, GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc. (if asked by selected University or program);
- A research proposal for a topic;
- A written example of the research that the applicant has carried out (only for Ph.D. applications)
Note: All awardees who still need to prove C1 Level Certificate for the Turkish language, including applicants who received enrolment into English or other language programs, should attend a 1-year Turkish Language Course. They should attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
The selection committee will evaluate applications for Turkey Scholarships according to the Candidate’s academic success, motivation, and social activities related to the chosen field. They will pass the following steps:
- Preliminary Assessment: Applications should meet the essential criteria such as minimum academic achievement, age limits, and required documents;
- Expert Evaluation: The Expert Committee will assess the applications from eligible candidates in terms of various criteria, including academic status, academic interests, career goals, previous qualifications, consistency of preferences, participation in social activities, and content of the letter of intent. Successful applicants will go for the interview process;
- Tests: Applicants will take a 30-question quantitative test before the interview session. The tests consist of geometry, mathematics, and logic questions for undergraduate candidates conducted by the Presidential Delegations.
Candidates applying to the fields of science, health sciences, social sciences, and engineering, which take the more significant number of applications, will pass these tests. Read more about the tests here.
- Interview: Interview committees consisting of academics and experts will select candidates for the final list. The interview session usually lasts 15-30 minutes and will have the following format:
- Welcome and entrance;
- Documents check;
- Purpose of the Candidate’s application;
- Career goals and academic knowledge;
- Closing and questions of the Candidate to the committee
- Final Assessment: The selection committee will evaluate the results of the interviews and create a list of applicants who will receive scholarships. At this final evaluation stage, the selection committee will assess the general eligibility of the Candidate for Turkey Scholarships.
How to Apply?
Eligible applicants may apply online for the Turkish Government Scholarships via Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS). The applicants must fill out the online application form, including their personal information, educational background, work experience, and social activities. By selecting the University in your Scholarship application, Turkey Burslarie will do the admission and registration for the applicants.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Create a personal account on the TBBS portal
- Upload all required documents
- List your desired universities and program preferences.
- Write an original intent letter explaining preferences, expectations, and goals for the future.
- Review all application stages and documents, then submit your application.
For updated and more details about the Turkey Government Scholarships, please visit the Turkiye Burslari Website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- ‘European University Institute Policy Leader Fellowship’ for Policy Professionals Worldwide 2023/24
- WISE Prize for Education 2023 for Outstanding Contributions in Education Worldwide ($500K Prize)
- Scholarship for International Media Studies in Germany 2023-2024
- Economic and Public Policy Scholarship at the University of Tsukuba Japan