Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSCambridge qualification
Fields of study Various
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 81105
Applications are now open for the TU Delft Justus & Louise Van Effen Excellence Scholarships 2021/22 in the Netherlands. The university offers fully-funded master’s scholarships to outstanding international students from any part of the world and from any nationality. Therefore, students who want to study for free in the Netherlands are encouraged to apply and study at the prestigious Delft University of Technology. All TU Delft Degree Programs are English-medium; therefore, applicants have to demonstrate strong English proficiency.
Application deadline: 01 December 2020 (11:59 ECT)
University: Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
Degree Level: Masters (MSc)
Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
Number of scholarships: 2-3 per faculty
Duration: 2 years
Fields of study: Almost all fields are available
Here is a list of fields of study on offer:
- Electrical Engineering /Mathematics/ Computer Science
- Built Environment/ Construction
- Medical | Biomedical | Me-design
- Biotechnology | Life Science & Technology
- Chemical | Biochemical | Process Engineering
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Information Technology | Information Engineering
- Civil | Coastal Engineering
- Earth Resources | Geography
- Electrical | Electronic
- Technology, Policy & Management
- Transport, Infrastructure & Logistics
- Teacher Training | Science Communication
Scholarship Coverage and benefits
The scholarship includes in value:
- up to €30.000 per year for Non-EU/EFTA students.
- Around €11.500 per year for EU/EFTA students.
- Complete Tuition Fee for an MSc Program at TU Delft.
- Contribution to Living Expenses.
- Membership of the Scholarship club providing students access to Personal Development, Workshops, Seminars, etc.
International candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Students from all nationalities can apply.
- Excellent international applicants receive the scholarship conditionally for one of the Regular TU Delft’s MSc programs.
- Applicants should hold a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 75% (unless particular requirements are in place) and preferably 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in the bachelor’s degree from an internationally leading university.
- The degree must be equivalent to the level of a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must bear close relevance to your MSc program of choice.
- Candidates’ scores for key subjects must also be good.
English Language Proficiency
All TU Delft MSc programs are taught in English. So, to qualify for an MSc program, you must demonstrate your English competency to be at an adequate level.
The following English language certificates and corresponding scores are accepted*:
- A TOEFL iBT with an overall score of at least 90 and a minimum score of 21 for each section (the required scores should be attained in one single test).
- An IELTS (academic version) with a total Band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- A Cambridge Assessment English. Only the following certificates are acceptable:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with a total score of 176 and a minimum of 169 for each section.
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with a total score of 180 and a minimum of 169 for each section
Notification of result
Only students who succeed in securing a scholarship will be informed by TU Delft via email by the end of March 2021.
How to apply?
Applicants should apply online for these scholarships by providing the necessary documents and submitting them online.
Steps to consider:
- You can only apply for one MSc program.
- All applicants must pay a 100 Euro application fee.
- If you have previously applied, you can apply again.
- Application form
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate/Diploma (original or certified copy)
- Academic Transcripts (both of these in English)
- Motivation Letter
- Reference Letters (if applicable), two in number
- Updated Resume/CV
- Portfolio (if applicable)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate (as described above)
- Proof of Identity (passport_ a copy of information page and each stamped page)
- And, GRE (If Applicable) for some courses.
Read more about this scholarship in the official link.