Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 82607
The TRACE Foundation is now inviting entries for the 2023 Prize for Investigative Reporting with the theme of Uncovering Commercial Bribery. The TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting honors two journalists’ work that unearths business-related bribery and financial crime to increase commercial transparency and good governance. Hence, this is a unique opportunity for investigative reporters to get their work recognized internationally.
Print, online, or broadcast reporters from any country who have explored commercial bribery schemes, business activities that cause commercial misconduct, and severe conflicts of interest can apply for this Prize. Applicants can submit team entries and multiple submissions per author. But the selection committee will not consider book-length entries.
- Submissions Deadline: 31 January 2023
- Funding Organization: TRACE Foundation
- Location: N/A
- Focus Area: Commercial Bribery
- Gender: Male/Female
- Funding Type: Partially-funded
- Number of Positions: 2
- Degree: None
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Program Duration: N/A
- Language Required: English
- Field: Journalism
Two winners will receive cash prizes of 10 000 USD. Also, the reporter(s) will receive an invitation to the TRACE Award Ceremony.
The judges will also name up to two honourable mentions, each receiving 1,000 USD.
All applicants should meet the following requirements to apply for the TRACE Prize:
- Reporters can be from any country;
- Nominees may be print, online, or broadcast journalists who have explored commercial bribery schemes, business activities that cause commercial misconduct and severe conflicts of interest;
- Entrants can submit team entries and multiple submissions per author;
- Entrants’ work must extract business-related bribery or financial crime;
- Entrants may submit their work or nominate the result of someone else. In this case, please achieve their permission to do so.
- Entries must have appeared in print, online, or broadcast media during 2022.
- Submissions in a language other than English must have an accurate English translation;
- Submissions must not be book-length entries;
- Printed submissions must include a scan. Submissions’ unclear scan must also include a transcript (Word or PDF Format).
- Broadcast journalism submissions, such as TV, radio, and online video, must have a link or file.
A panel of independent judges will review and asses submissions of entrants and will select up to two winners.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online for the award by clicking the Apply Now button below.
Check More Opportunities:
- Afghan Challenge Fund Fellowship in Canada, UK & USA
- Roux Prize 2023 for Contributions in the Health Sector ($100,000 prize)
- Yidan Prize 2023 for Research and Development in Education Worldwide (HK$30 million)
- John S. Knight Journalism Fellowship in the USA
- Rise Challenge for Young and Talented Individuals Worldwide