Opportunity ID 8697
This flagship scheme program presents the opportunity for Professors from Global South (Afghanistan included) to visit Oxford for one academic term. The TORCH will provide additional logistical support as well as Faculty support for the visiting academics which will be hosted by Souls College.
The TORCH Global South Visiting Fellowships are essential when it comes to providing role models implementing expectations on inclusivity and diversity and providing role models. The program strengthens and builds upon links between Oxford, Torch, and other universities in the Global South.
The scholars will be hosted for a minimum of one term in Oxford so that they can perform their researches, participate in academic life, contribute to the teaching environment through lectures and events. Other researchers and students will able to build connections with the scholars and learn from them and their research areas.
Besides having the opportunity to visit Oxford, share ideas, and connect with staff and students, the program will pay enough for
- Membership of Senior Common Room.
- The applicants will also be given a one-year university card so that they can continue their connection with Oxford and continue their research.
- Professor at a registered University
- Should be currently active in areas including Humanitarian Research.
- The proposed Global South Professor’s CV
- Research statement (‘Case for Support’ form – maximum 1000 words). In this, they should explain what they plan to do during their Visiting Professorship.
How to apply:
Deadline: 12 noon on Monday, 14 October 2019.
Duration: One academic term (one semester)
Location: Oxford University, Oxfordshire, England
Note: The applicants will receive notifications regarding their applications within one month after the submission of their applications.
- The process of the application is carried out through IRAMS and “Care for Support Form” through the link
- The process of selection:
- The Oxford Humanities Academic will put forward the applications to the TORCH Management Committee.
- The Oxford Humanities Academic will outline the reasons for their selections of the candidates and how their practice and research will have contributions.
The TORCH Global South Visiting Professorship and Fellowships scheme here: https://torch.ox.ac.uk/torch-global-south-visiting-professors-and-fellows
For more information, please click the following link