Opportunity ID 5424
If you are an architecture or urban department student interested in participating a global urban design competition, you can apply to the competition and The Schindler Global Award (SGA).
This competition is focused on mobility, asking students put their skills for testing and making a livable and sustainable urban environment.
Location: Mumbai, India
Deadline for registration: 18 January 2019
Deadline for project submission: January 30, 2019
Result announcement: Spring 2019
Prize: total prize of 105,000 USD.
- 1st Prize 25,000 USD
- 2nd Prize 15,000 USD
- 3rd Prize 12,500 USD
- 1st Honorable mention 7,500 USD
- 2nd Honorable mention 7,500 USD
- 3rd Honorable mention 7,500 USD
- 6 Travel grants 5,000 USD
The contest provides the opportunity to participant, contact with internationally renowned practitioners and experts and gain career oriented skills. Participants can use the platform the share their knowledge, and compare their work. Through participating the SGA, you will realize your potential and the power of design to address essential urban questions.
Who can apply?
- Be bachelor’s and master’s degree student studying architecture, landscape architecture, urban design and planning in an institution around the world.
- No restriction in citizenship or institution you study
3 Key concepts:
- Shared Global Responsibility: as the population of the cities are in growth and cities of the world are increasingly connected. It is essential to recognize a shared global responsibility to design, plan and manage a city because the actions taken in one place can have global consequences.
- Future Cities: Considering political, economic and social factors in urbanization the promotes conflict and potential, social exclusion, spatial segregation, and environmental degradation, greater diversity, exchange and productivity. Read more in the attached files below.
- Urban Through Mobility
How to apply?
Students can apply individually or in a team. Students must have a faculty supervisor.
Please download the files below to read the terms and details of this competition and award