Opportunity ID 3679
Deadline: December 1, 2017 Awarding frequency: 3 times a year
Organization: The Hague Academy of Local governance
This programs is designed to support and train local government officials and social servants who are working in a community with high rate of unemployment, lack of basic services, and environmental challenges and are motivated to develop their services for their local communities.
Theme included in the program:
- Leadership & Municipal management
- Local Economic Development
- Local service Delivery and Millennium
- Development Goals
- Climate Change and & Resilient cities
- Fiscal Decentralization and Local finance
- And other related themes
Talents Government content:
- Two week training Course at the Hague Academy for Local Governance
- Internship at Dutch Municipality
- Back Home Action plan
Benefits of the program
Besides the training and other valuable opportunity that Talents for Government program provides, it also provides the coverage of the following expenses:
- Tuition fee
- Travel cost
- Half of living expenses
Who can apply for Talents for Government?
Applicants who are meeting the following criteria:
- Be employed in local government for example in municipality, district, town and etc.
- Highly motivated
- Have a project or idea for the improvement of Organization performance and creation of better services
- Be working in the one DAC Countries including least developed countries, low income countries, lower middle income and upper middle income countries such as Afghanistan, Angola, , Bangladesh, Kenya, Tajikistan, Armenia, Congo, Algeria, Belarus, Brazil and etc.
- Be 37 or under this age
- Minimum two years of working experience in local governments and prove the commitment to work two years more.
- English language proficiency (speak and understand)
- Demonstrate the ability to write and orally defend their motivation for the program
- Ability to identify a real life case project or idea to write the Home action plan for
- Having written support of the employer for participation in the program
Applicants can apply online
Read more about the program and application procedure here: https://thehagueacademy.com/tfg/talent-programme/application-procedure/