Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot RequiredPTE AcademicCambridge qualification
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Self Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) variety of programs for international applicants for a.y. 2021. Therefore, students with exceptional academic backgrounds and performance in their previous education, especially in mathematics and sciences such as physics and chemistry in the context of the opportunity offered to them are invited to apply. The program is awarded based on merit and an intensive review process.
Application deadline: 19 March 2021
Institution: Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Intake start date: June 2021
Fields of study:
SUTD offers the undergraduate degree programs on a full-time basis only, and are as follows:
- Bachelor of Science (Architecture and Sustainable Design) (8 terms), and an option to pursue two more terms for a Master of Architecture
- Bachelor of Science (Design and Artificial Intelligence)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Engineering Product Development)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Engineering Systems and Design)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Information Systems Technology and Design)
Qualification eligible for application by Singaporean and international students
The following programs are available for students at SUDT for the current academic year. Applicants may choose their qualifications to which their previous education relates.
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level
- Local Polytechnic Diploma
- NUS High School Diploma
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (Singapore)
- International Qualifications
For information about financial aid, scholarships and grants visit here.
To qualify for the program, international students should satisfy the following criteria.
- Should have completed at least 12 years of general education or have undergone the Year 12 national/international examination in the year of application in order to be considered for admission.
- Students who hold an International Baccalaureate (IB) degree can apply for SUTD programs. They have to ask International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) to share their IB transcript with the university.
- Students who have solid competency in Mathematics and the Sciences, i.e. Physics or Chemistry, are generally preferred.
Further qualifications to make students fit very well with SUDT
- Students with excellent teamwork skills and those who are not afraid to question the norm and be different are eligible.
- Students who are intellectually curious, who persevere in the face of difficulties, and who are comfortable being hands-on, will fit in excellently in SUTD.
International students are required to meet the language criteria to be eligible for the study program if they present a document of education where English is not the medium of teaching. They can provide test scores in TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, SAT, E1119 or C1 Advanced / Cambridge English Advanced.
How to apply?
The application is online. Applicants have to fill an online application, upload the required documents and submit their applications.
IB Degree holders from an international school in Singapore or outside schools can apply HERE.
Other international qualification holders should apply HERE.
Documents list for ID degree holders or other international degree holders:
- Passport particular page
- Academic results
- Grade 10 or junior high school corresponding examination result slips/transcripts.
- Grade 12 or Senior high school equivalent examination result slips/transcripts or latest semester/predicted/preliminary school results (only for non-IB holders)
- Actual IB Diploma results or predicted IB results as verified by your high school. University academic transcripts (for current or former university student)
- Language proficiency proofs (as listed above-optional)
- English proficiency test scores in one of the tests mentioned above is compulsory.
- (optional) SAT Subject Tests in Mathematics Level II and Physics OR SUTD UEE.
- Applicants who are taking SAT (with essay component) and/or SAT Subject Tests, please also request for College Board to send us the SAT score(s) electronically. SUTD Institution Code is 6532.
- SAT Subject Tests in Mathematics Level II and Physics are Compulsory. Alternatively, you may choose to take the SUTD University Entrance Examination (UEE) in lieu of the SAT Subject Tests (only for non-IB degree holders).
- At least one recommendation letter from the Principal / high school teacher (desirably teaching Math/Science)
- Extra-curricular activities and any other complementary documents (if any)
For more information about the programs and the full eligibility criteria, you are recommended to visit the website of SUTD.
Also, read the FAQs to get more details.