Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 15
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 100204
Applications are open for The Start-Up Energy Transition (“SET Award”) 2021. It is an international competition for start-ups and young companies around the world whose work on ideas affecting global energy transition and climate change is significant. Each year, hundreds of innovative startups apply for this competition many of which win cash prizes and benefit from other tremendous advantages such as attracting new investors, mentors, and customers and getting innovations to more breathtaking energy events. The organizer will choose the top 100 startups (SET#100) and 15 of them will reach the finalist stage. IF you are a company owner fulfilling the terms of this competition, do APPLY!
Application deadline: 31 January 2021 (11:59 CET)
Organizer: German Energy Agency (DENA) plus some partners
Number of finalists: 15 (three from each category)
For 2021, the organizer invites innovative, pioneering start-ups to apply to the contest across five different categories as follows, all with the aim of clean energy promotion.
- Clean energy generation
- Demand-side innovation
- Energy distribution and storage
- Smart mobility and transportation
- Quality energy access
Prizes and benefits
The completion includes the following benefits:
- A maximum cash prize of EURO 10.000 for the winner in each category below
- Intimate meet-and-greet with the Jury
- Flights & accommodation to Berlin
- Pitch coaching by industry companies
- Access to exclusive partner events globally
- Finalists pitch at SET Tech Festival and attend the award presentation ceremony
- The competition is open to organizational applicants worldwide.
- National and international companies/startups contributing to the success of the energy transition with their products can apply for the (‘SET Award’).
- The start-up must have been founded within the last ten years namely the date of foundation cannot exceed 2010.
- The project submitted must be an already implemented project, manufactured product, or existing prototype. Companies cannot participate with just an idea for which no concrete steps have been taken.
- Participation in other startup initiatives and contests is possible.
- Applicants may only apply to one
- Participation is free of charge for companies.
All applications will undergo both quantitative and qualitative review by a jury comprised of internationally renowned experts from politics, the energy sector, business, as well as start-ups. You can find more information through the link at the bottom of the page.
How to submit an application?
Applicants can apply online for this competition.
The following steps must be considered.
- The application, including any attached documents and pitch decks, must be in English.
- The start-up must be able to submit a functioning prototype, a legal framework/status, and the applicant must be able to present a proof of concept or a client, and/or an industrial/business/institutional partner.
- The applicant must fill out the entire form. Partially completed applications will not be acceptable.
- Completely filled out application form.
- High-resolution company logo (300 dpi) as a .jpg or .png file for publication on the SET website and in the competition documents.
- If the application advances to the final round, the applicant will submit additional information on the company and the project (such as photos, brief descriptions, brief videos) on request of dena within seven business days.
For further information regarding the competition, email: [email protected].
To read more in detail about the terms and conditions of the contest and previous winners, visit the Start-Up Energy Transition.