Opportunity ID 8747
Each year, more than 200 Schwarzman Scholars represent the world’s next-generation leaders, who have limitless potential to serve as a vessel between the rest of the world and China. This program is designed to identify and select the most promising young leaders from around the globe. Those who successfully get selected will have to show that they have the potential to bring out expected results within their own community by contributing to it and inspiring others. They shouldn’t just have the aim to benefit from the program but contribute to the Schwarzman Scholars Program. The whole process includes filling the online application, successfully passing the evaluation and a face to face interview.
The grant covers the following:
- Travel costs (Beginning and end of the academic year)
- Tuition fees
- In-country tour
- Health Insurance
- A stipend of $ 4,000 (for personal expenses)
- Required supplies and course books
- Please do not send any other documents that are not listed in the requirements.
- Between the age of 18 – 29 as of august 1st 2019
- Having an undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university.
- Regardless of their undergraduate degree, the applicant should be able to articulate how this program will help them develop their leadership skills in this field.
- Minimum TOEFL IBT score of 100, TOEFL PBT Score of 600, and IELTS score of 7.
- For those who have studied their undergraduate studies for at least 2 years in Institution where the English Language was primary, this requirement is waived.
- It is also waived for those who have studied their Master’s Degree in English for at least 2 years.
- Must have excellent academic scores
- To read more about the eligibility criteria, please click here.
- The online application
- CV/Resume (Maximum 2 pages)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- 2 Essays
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- Video (Optional)
- To learn in detail about each part please download the Instruction file
- Here is a sample application for more guides.
How to apply:
Deadline: 11:59 PM EDT on Thursday, September 25
Location: Beijing, China
To start your application, please click here where you will be guided to the Self Service Center and there, you will create your account and follow the steps that will be provided.
To contact, please click here.
For more information, please click here.