Opportunity ID 1016
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSDSH German CEFR
Fields of study International Media Studies
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 24 Months
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the International Media Studies Scholarships in Germany to developing countries’ applicants. This scholarship is a joint program of the University of Bonn, the Deutsche Welle (DW) Academy, and the Bonn-Rhein- Sieg University of Applied Sciences. The program aims to provide the environment of media studies for students by providing a DAAD scholarship covering tuition fees, traveling costs, and living expenses to study in Germany.
International Media Studies is a full-time four-semester program in English and German languages. Therefore, students with advanced language proficiency can apply for this scholarship opportunity.
The International Media Studies is primarily for young journalists, media managers, and communications staff from developing and transition countries. Applications are particularly open to applicants from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. However, Germans, EU citizens and candidates from other industrialized countries can also apply.
The mentioned organizations started a Master’s program in International Media Studies in 2009. Since then, students from 75 countries have benefited consequently.
Important Details of Scholarships
Admission Status for 2024: Not Started Yet
Scholarship and Self Financing Deadline: 31 March 2024
Program Duration: 24 Months
Study Level: Master’s Degree
Host Universities: University of Bonn and Bonn-Rhein- Sieg University of Applied Sciences
Funding Organization: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Location: Bonn, Germany
Field of Study and Degree: International Media Studies (MA)
Eligible Countries for Funding: Developing and transition countries
Language of Instruction: English
Applicants who wish to apply for the International Media Studies DAAD Scholarships will benefit as follows:
- Monthly payments of 934 euros for Master’s candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, if the home country or another source of funding does not pay
- Under certain circumstances, students may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
The following programs are in a primary target:
- Media representatives from radio, TV, online, and print
- Journalists-in-training, especially from electronic media
- Journalists and management from community radio stations
- Communication experts
- NGO employees
- Employees from ministries
- Employees from cooperative development groups and projects
- Representatives from regional working groups and national broadcasters
- Media association representatives
Requirement of International Media Studies Scholarships
Interested applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree;
- Prove one year of professional experience in a media-related field;
- Provide language proficiency results in both English and German. The following scores are necessary for English:
- TOEFL iBT 83
- IELTS 6.5
- Additionally, for German language proficiency, applicants should prove the following:
- Test DaF at least level TDN 3 in all four-part
- Goethe Zertifikat level B2, or DSH level
Find Other Similar Scholarships:
Required Documents for International Media Studies Scholarships
The following documents are necessary while applying for International Media Studies Scholarships:
- Copy of valid passport
- Motivation letter (signed and dated, English, max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5)
- CV (Euro-pass format, signed and dated)
- Bachelor’s Degree certificates and transcripts
- Proof of at least two year’s professional experience in a media related fields after gradauation
- Certificate of Accredited Practitioner Status (APS) for applicants who completed their first degree in India, China, or Vietnam
- English proficiency documents at least C1 Level as per CEFR
If you are applying for DAAD scholarship, please check the DAAD Documents Checklist for 2024/25 and submit additional documents.
How to Apply?
Applicants should apply through the online application system by entering the link below:
- Application for 2023 is closed and stay updated for 2024 academic year.
- Please browse this link to read the entire application guidelines.
Check More Scholarships: