Opportunity ID 5441
South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE) organizes its 18th three week Summer School on Environmental and Resource Economics in Bangkok, Thailand. the main objective of this program is providing basic skills necessary for economists from south Asia and Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) region to teach and conduct research in environmental and natural resource economics.
If you are interested in advancing your knowledge of interlinkages among economic development, poverty, and the environment apply to SANDEE Summer school that is covering economic issues underlying sustainable development, biodiversity, market failure, non-market valuation, poverty -environmental interactions, natural resource use, and pollution management.
Deadline: February 22, 2020
Duration: 3 weeks
Program period: 3-17 May
Number of participants: 20-24
Organizations: The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE)
If you are an economist from South Asia and / or the Hindu Kush Himalyan (HKH) region willing to enhance your economic knowledge and skills to teach and do research in environmental and natural resource economics.
Benefits of this program:
- Understanding economic issues underlying sustainable development, externalities and market failure, policy instruments, non-market valuation, poverty-environment interactions, and natural resource use and pollution management
- Learning methodologies for environmental problem analysis in developing countries.
Each participant will receive a scholarship of upto USD 4500 to cover the following:
- Travel cost
- course materials
Local trips, travel insurance, visa fee, and other personal expense must be covered by the participants.
Location: Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand
- Reading the topic of each day’s lecture beforehand
- Doing individual and group assignments and discussions
- Working days
Who can/should participate in the course?
- Be from South Asia and HKH region
- Be an economist and interested in developing their skills
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online.
- One-page cover letter describing the advantage of this program in their applicants’ teaching and research activities, computing skills and mathematics skills and the name of nominator (if any)
- Research concept note (3 pages) about environmental and resource economics issues in South Asia and HKH
- Brief CV (only one page)
shortlisted applicants need to pay a registration fee of 250 USD to confirm their participation.
For more information please visit the SANDEE website