Opportunity ID 3795
Deadline: August 31, 2018
The Supreme Council for Women in the Kingdom of Bahrain in partnership with UN Women is establishing a global edition to “Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Award for Bahraini Women Empowerment”, with the aim to encourage and promote national, regional for excellence and leadership towards women’s economic and social empowerment and pursue the accomplishment of development goals related to achieving gender justice.
Public sector award: 100,000 US Dollars
Private sector award: 100,000 US Dollars
Civil society award: 100,000 US Dollars
Individuals award: 100,000 US Dollars
- The public and private sector in addition to civil society, institutions or individuals
- Innovate methods or scientific policies to help women in various sectors, and to ensure its application sustainability for minimum of not less than three years.
- Assist in the empowerment of women and gender balance.
- Development of plans and support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals particularly Gender Equality.
- Sustainability of women participation in decision-making positions.
- Ensure the possibility of institutional and national development and application with the least resources.
- Support services to resolve the problems faced by women to ensure the provision of suitable options for an active community.
- Provide a decent and safe life by helping to reduce poverty, illiteracy and unemployment for women etc.
- Institution should be certified in their country.
- Private sector or civil society institutions must be licensed formally and committed to the laws in their countries.
- Individuals committed to provide all officially certified personal documents.
- Complete an application form on the official award website.
- Submit supporting documents and all official information
- Program or initiative time line.
- The results of the impact evaluation of the project.
- Sustainability plan of the project and its potential for development.
- Evidence of national change in the status of women, their families and communities.
Applicants are required to complete the available form on the website to apply for the award.
The application period for the award is determined based on the launch of each term which is for 3 years and lasts for two months. (Now August 31, 2018)
- Receive applications stage by the “International Committee for receiving applications”
- Semi-final Stage: supporting documents will be requested.
- Final Stage: selection of winners by the “Members of Jury”.