Opportunity ID 11572
The Thomson Reuters Foundations aims to work with journalists to proof how the rural development which includes science, business, politic, and social innovation and climate changes, are important to everybody. The TRF program will develop the applicant’s skills to cover and broadcast the rural development programs in their home country.
The Rural Poverty and Agriculture Development conference is going to take part in February 2020 by supporting of International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), the specialist agency of the UN, the Thomson Reuters Foundation, hold a short term program to connect the journalist and bring them to gather from all over the globe in Rome, Italy.
During the conference, the applicants will access to high profile delegates, connecting with related experts, and meet holder farmers. Interested journalists who are from Afghanistan and one of other developing countries and meet the following requirements are highly encouraged to take part in this fully-funded conference.
Deadline: 6 January 2020
Program date: 10 to 13 February 2020
Duration: 3 Days
Location: Rome, Italy
Program field: Rural Poverty and Agriculture
Program supporter: Thomson Reuters Foundation and International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD).
Benefits of the program:
The following expenses of journalist from developing countries will cover:
- Traveling cost (economy class).
- Airport transfer and meals expenses.
Note: The visa process costs must be covered by the applicants.
- A full-time journalist or a media program organizer is eligible to apply.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a commitment to a journalism career in his/her home country.
- Must have two years of professional work experience in related areas.
- Must be proficient in the English language (speaking and writing).
- Self-funded applicants will be preference.
- Applicants must be interested deeply in rural development programs.
- Motivation letter about 300 words
- Update Curriculum Vitae or Biography.
- Two work samples in size of 5 MB.
How to apply:
Eligible applicants are requested to fill the online application form.
For more details, please visit the program website