Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Self Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishArabic
Qatar University offers graduate Program scholarships for the fall 2022 semester to international applicants to help them pursue their studies at Qatar University. These scholarships are provided to high-performing students from outside Qatar, including Afghanistan, to study at QU and experience the unique and academically rich environment of Qatar University. Therefore, if you are an eligible candidate and would like to discover QU education, you could apply for this scholarship.
Details of Qatar University scholarships:
Application deadline: 31 January 2022
Open online admission application: 01 November 2021
Language of Teaching: English
Study levels: Qatar University offers a wide range of programs across its 10 colleges. Read more about the study programs here.
Read about the tuition fees the University charges for various degree levels.
Benefits of the Qatar Scholarship:
- annual round trip airfare
- Textbooks fees
- Accommodation cost
- Yearly airfare ticket
Admission to graduate degree programs at QU is highly competitive; therefore, applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
For Master’s Degree:
- Have obtained a Bachelor or graduate degree (with a GPA of at least 2.8) from a recognized higher education institution or recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education of the applicant’s living country and that of the State of Qatar.
- Meet college-specific program requirements.
- For professional master degree or PharmD degree:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8.
- Candidates must register for a minimum of two regular courses in the chosen field in the first semester.
- Students must score a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the first semester. If a student fails to attain 3.0 or higher, the student will automatically be expelled from the program.
- Students must satisfy additional college/program-specific admission requirements.
Applicants are required to show their English proficiency as part of the admission process by satisfying either of the following:
- Obtained a previous degree from an institution of higher education in a program where English was the medium of instruction.
- Have taken a TOEFL exam, or its equivalent, within the last two years; however, International students (students from outside Qatar) are urged to submit only IELTS (Academic Version) test score upon the request of the intended academic program department.
Students get admission to a graduate program at QU according to the strength of the applicant pool and the available capacity in each graduate program noting that only a minimum GPA is not the evaluation criteria.
How to apply for Qatar University Graduate Program Scholarships?
International students should apply online completing all the required application documents and steps.
Complete application steps:
- Online Application Process
- Paying Application Fee (QR 380)
- Submitting Required Documents
- Checking Admission Application Status
- Receiving Admission Letter
- Complete Online Admission Application
- Official university transcript (in English or Arabic or a translation in these two) verifying the degree completion and cumulative GPA requirements of the intended program
- Evidence of QU’s English Proficiency requirements (submitted to the Admissions Department)
- Health Certificate issued in Qatar (from the Medical Commission or a private hospital)
- A copy of the applicants’ passport
- Two recent, identical passport-size photos with white background
Admission Timelines for all graduate programs (ُFall 2022 Semester)
|01 November 2021||Application closing date|
|31 January 2022||Deadline for successful and Visiting and Non-Degree applicants to submit all required documents including official transcripts and test scores to Admission Department|
|23 June 2022||Admissions Decisions announcement for all categories (available on applicants’ admission status account)|
|24 July 2022||Classes commence, Start of application for Defer Request|
|27 July 2022||The final day of the add/drop period for all students|
|28 July 2022||The final day of defers admission.|
Note: All applicants must provide the necessary admission documents according to the above deadline.
Should you have further inquiries, contact the graduate admission office via.
For more details of this prestigious scholarship, you may refer to Qatar University’s Website.
- or contact [email protected]