Opportunity ID 13693
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
About the festival
The PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival, which is launched by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), and focused on migration, diversity, and social inclusion invites young filmmakers to submit their videos in related areas.
As today the world fight against a global pandemic, the world is ready to hear from youth to present their visions and ideas for overcoming one of the hottest global challenges (COVID-19). This program was established in 2009, and about 3000 videos entered from 115 different countries yet.
Prepare your video on how to make positive social change, the future we want, and how to foster respect and solidarity amid COVID-19 to make a change.,
Deadline: 17 June 2022, 5 PM EST
Supported by: International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC)
Number of winners: 3
Location: New York, USA
Benefits of the program:
- Special award for the prevention of xenophobia.
- The award for Solidarity amid Covid-19
- The #forsafeworhsip award
- The successful winner will participate in the PLURAL+ Awards ceremony in late 2022 to cover all their participation costs.
- The winner’s video will be published on broadcast in different festivals, movies, theaters, and television networks, schools, and international conferences around the globe.
- UNAOC’s works had received more than one million views on various online platforms, including YouTube.
- Professional opportunities will be available to young filmmakers.
- ILO-HRSF International Cartoon Competition on “Forced Labor and Modern Slavery”
- UNWTO Global Rural Tourism Startup Competition 2021 for Startups and Entrepreneurs
- UNESCO’s Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report 2021/2 International Photo Contest
- Applicant’s age should be in one of the following categories:
- Up to 12 years
- 13 to 17 years
- 18 to 25 years
- Young filmmakers are focusing on the future of migration, diversity and social inclusion, and xenophobia prevention.
- Young people with an idea of how to foster peaceful co-existence among different faiths.
- Applicants who believe in positive changes to shift divisive narratives and promote peace and dialogue.
What to submit?
- A short video about 1 to 5 minutes and can be of any genre- animation, documentary, music video, comedy, etc.
- The video can be in English or in another language with English subtitles.
- The video must highlight the ideas and thoughts of young people although people who appear in the video can be elders.
- Video should be produced after December 2018.
- The international jury will select three videos in the three above-mentioned categories.
How to apply?
Provide your video and submit it through the online application form.
Read the submission rules here before submitting your video.
Visit the PLURAL+ website to read more information.