Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Islamic Studies
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 4718
If you are a mid-career academic applicant or professional willing to promote academic activities that include and encourage more understanding of Islamic culture and civilization, you can apply to OCIS fellowship. This fellowship is provided at the Chevening Oxford center for Islamic Studies to support individuals financially in doing independent research at the research center.
Location: United Kingdom
Institution: Oxford center for Islamic studies of the University of Oxford
Deadline to apply: November 2, 2021
Start of the program: October 2022
Duration: 6 month
Reference and University Transcript submission: February 22, 2022
Shortlist: early – mid-February 2022
Interview period: March 1- April 30, 2022
Second interview: June 2022
Result Announcement: June 30
- FIAS 2021-22 Fellowship Program for High-Level International Scholars and Experienced Researchers
- Princeton Arts Fellowships 2020 for Outstanding Artists ($84,000 Stipend available)
- Taiwan Foundation for Democracy (TFD) International Research Fellowships in Taiwan
Benefits of fellowship:
- Meeting and connecting multi-disciplinary group of scholars concentrated on Islamic world.
- Opportunity to discuss and find a solution for Muslim world issues.
- Six-month research at OCIS
- Living expenses
- Return economy flight ticket from home country to the UK
- Research allowance
Who can apply?
- Have the potential of leadership and influence
- Demonstrate the personal, intellectual, and interpersonal characteristics reflecting this potential
- Have the citizenship of a country listed below
- Return to the home country after the program completion
- Obtained a postgraduate degree or professional training or experience at the time of application
- The applicant must have more than 5 years of professional and or academic research experience
- Providing minimum English language requirement ability
- Not hold dual citizenship
- Not be employed, or relatives of the employees of the UK government, the British Council, DFID, MOD, BEIS, UKTI, UKBA.
The previous recipient of HMG funded scholarship or fellowship are eligible after 5 years of first award completion.
Applicants from the following countries can apply:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Philippines, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Applicants can apply online before November 3, 2020. Applicants are required to prepare a short proposal outlining the academic research area.