Opportunity ID 3319
About the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit
General Assembly of United Nations (UN) will organize a large meeting on 24th September, 2018. This meeting is held for the Nelson Mandela Birth and named the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit. There is a one day preparatory program that will be in July at UN Head Quarter.
Details of Nelson Mandela Peace Summit:
Organizer: UN General Assembly
Location: New York
Deadline to apply: June 28, 2018
Preparatory program date and location : July 2018, New York
Date of Peace Summit: September 24, 2018
What UN General assembly will do?
UN General Assembly will facilitate the selection of the stakeholder attending in preparatory program, stakeholder speaker for the summit, and stakeholders attending to the summit as observers.
UN General Assembly will also facilitate the selection committee to evaluate and shortlist the candidates.
What is covered?
- Travel support for stakeholder speaker to attend the summit ( not for the observers)
- Observers and representatives need to fund their expenses (travel, accommodation and visa)
Related: Apply to UNCTAD Youth Forum
Who can participate?
- Have the ability to engage with different stakeholders
- Be representative of stakeholder organization with long term focus on the event content.
- Have a visa to travel to USA, New York
How to apply?
Applicants can apply to either to selection committee, speaker, or observer role in Nelson Mandela Peace Summit.
Note: Government officials and intergovernmental organizations should apply via Official UN delegation or Organization.
For more information please visit the official website