Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 15
Language of Instruction EnglishPersianPashto
About the call
The European Union and United Nations are calling for nominations from individuals working in the civil society sector who have the expertise of and experience in working for gender-based, domestic and family violence as well as other relevant women’s rights and gender issues to be part of the Spotlights Initiative’s Civil Society’s National Reference Group 2020-22. The new initiative is meant to accelerate efforts as well as to mobilize actors to work toward the elimination of sexual violence and violence against women and girls in Afghanistan.
Deadline: 3 April 2021
Announced by: EU, UN and UN SDGs in partnership with some other foreign groups
Country of operation: Afghanistan
About the group
The Civil Society National Reference Group (CS-NRG) is a group of about 15 prominent national and local experts on eradicating Sexual and Gender-based Violence (SGBV) and harmful practices (HP) as well as on women’s rights more widely.
Who are eligible to apply?
Civil Society members and activists can nominate themselves or others who satisfy the binding criteria for being a member of CS-NRG.
- All candidates applying for the CS-NRG should be leaders with considerable experience working on women’s rights and gender equality and have knowledge in eliminating SGBV and HP
- Additionally, members should be individuals who have knowledge of human rights and feminist frameworks and experience in issues of protection.
- The membership should represent gender diversity and intersectionality of communities and constituencies in accordance with the Leave No One Behind (LNOB) principle.
- At least 50% of the CS-NRG members should come from women’s rights movements and feminist organizations.
- The group members will be part of the initiative in their personal capacities not in official capacities as representatives of their organizations.
A Selection Committee consisting of two civil society members, two UN members, one EU representative and one government official will review all nominations.
How to apply?
Eligible candidates may fill in the nomination form and send it to the following email address along with their CV OR biography.
Submission email: [email protected]
For more information about this call for membership and to see terms of reference as well as to download the nomination form, click HERE.
Note: Please make specific references to the questions you answer in the form in relation to the section you have chosen.