Language Requirement IELTSNot Required
Fields of study Humanities And Social Sciences
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Application for the Birkbeck University Studentship “MA Medical Humanities: Bodies, Cultures and Ideas” is now open for 2021 entry year for international students. The program is offered jointly by the Department of History, Classics, and Archaeology and the Department of English, Theatre and Creative Writing at Birkbeck. This is a fully-funded program.
Details of scholarship
Deadline: 5 July 2021, 6 pm BST
Host University: Birkbeck University of London
Country: United Kingdom, London City
Duration: one year (full-time) and two years (part-time)
Study program: MA Medical Humanities: Bodies, Cultures and Ideas. Click here to read more about the course structure and content.
Start time: October 2021
The program award covers:
- Tuition fees
- Stipend equivalent to London living standard
- Adequate research payment
- The program is available to all candidates applying to the above program.
- Both the UK and international students are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should hold a second-class honor degree or its equivalent education in arts, humanities and social sciences.
- Applicants currently studying can also start applying for the scholarship as the university will consider a place for them depending on their result.
- Applicants should meet the admission requirements within the two host departments.
English language requirement
The language of teaching at the university is English therefore, non-English speaking applicants have to provide English proficiency scores that is IELTS for Birkbeck. But, those who cannot provide IELTS score should complete pre-session courses and foundation programs to improve their language ability.
The hosts will evaluate applications on the basis of their individual merits and applicants’ professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will also be considered positively.
How to apply?
Application has two stages meaning that first, you apply by sending the following documents to this email address [email protected].
Second, applicants can submit an online application for the course using the application link but it will open in September 2021.
Note: For the first stage of your application, you are strongly advised to apply as soon as possible to secure a place. The sooner you apply, the sooner you can complete the admission process and enroll.
You can apply HERE when it opens.
You should include the following documents in your application:
- A comprehensive CV
- A statement of research (500 words), providing the details on plans for your dissertation project that should include the following:
- The project’s methodological and scientific foundations
- Academic significance the project
- The project’s suitability for Wellcome funding
- A Reflection on the project’s potential non-academic impact and scholarly outcomes
- A personal statement (not more than 250 words) explaining your interest in the Medical Humanities, as well as your fit and reasons for taking the course
- an example of your own academic writing (2500 words in length): it may be one or more undergraduate essays or dissertation chapters.
- The name and contact information of an academic referee who is can confirm your suitability for MA study.