Opportunity ID 7332
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 5
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Introduction to prize
L’Oreal UNESCO Women in Science Prize 2023 nomination is open now. Scientists from different regions of the world are invited to nominate eligible women candidates for this highly prestigious award. This prize is designed to support outstanding women scientists and celebrate their scientific excellence. Since 1998, 107 eminent women have been distinguished for their scientific careers and 3000 young scientists have been supported through Ph.D. and postdoctoral prizes by L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science Prize.
The 2023 edition of the prize will honor five outstanding female scientists who have contributed to the advancement of Life and Environmental Sciences, working in the following regions:
– Africa & the Arab States
– Asia and the Pacific
– Latin America and the Caribbean
– North America
Note: The award will be presented to one candidate from each of the five regions on the basis of their place of work for at least five years not the candidate’s nationality.
- Deadline: 31 May 2022
- Pre-selection by review date: early June to July 2022
- Examination by the jury date: mid-July to early-September 2022
- Jury meeting date: mid-September 2022
- For Women in Science Week: March 2023 (to be confirmed)
- For Women is Science PRIZE awarding ceremony date: March 2023 (tbc)
Awarding Location: Paris
Awarding organization: For Women in Science
Partner organization: UNESCO
Number of awards: 5
Award value: €100,000 for each winner
Prize award period: annual
Who are eligible for this prize?
Any female researcher/scientist who meets the following criteria:
- Actively involved in Scientific research
- Have excellent scientific work that is recognized by the International Scientific Community
- Work in any area of the life or environmental sciences considered for this award (you can see the areas below)
- Self-nominations and team nominations are not eligible.
Visit similar opportunities:
- Global Development Awards Competition 2021 for NGOs and CSOs (135,000 USD grant in total)
- Global Development Awards Competition 2021 for Researchers (45,000 USD in Funding)
- Goi Peace Foundation’s International Essay Contest for Young People (Awards and Certificates Given)
To be eligible for receiving this award, a nominee must be nominated, in writing, by a prominent scientist.
The nomination should be through the following link and in the English language.
Visit the Official website of the prize to get more information about the prize, selection procedure as well as required documents.