Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSTOEICCambridge qualification
Fields of study Public Policy, Development Policy , Of Public Management , Intellectual Property And Development Policy(MIPD)
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration 2 To 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 1922
Application for Korea Development Institute (KDI) Master and Ph.D. scholarships and programs are open now.
Korea Development Institute (KDI) is Asia’s top think-tank and the first NASPAA accreditation for its Master of Public Policy (MPP) and Master of Development Policy (MDP) programs in Korea. The institute also offers Master of Public Management (MPM), which is based on experiences of systematic research on global development and consultation with developing nations.
If you are willing to study your master’s or PhD on a fully funded scholarship, it is a great opportunity to apply and study at a high-ranked university in South Korea.
Level of study:
- Master degree
Field of study for master degree:
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Development Policy (MDP)
- Master of Public Management (MPM)
- Master in Intellectual Property and Development Policy (MIPD)
Fields of study for Ph.D. degree:
- Public Policy
- Development Policy
- Master degree full-time: 4 semester
- Master degree part-time: 6 semester
- PhD 3 years
There are various types of scholarships available for those who want to pursue their study at KDI School.
- KIDS scholarship: select in the online application (KDIS Scholarship if you are from DAC countries)
- Global Ambassador Scholarship (GAS) (master’s degree- has no separate application form- only for one year (3 semesters) for admitted students from OECD countries- provides full tuition and a monthly stipend).
- Seoul G 20 Global leaders fellowship (one year- only for a master’s degree- full tuition fee, flight ticket, and monthly allowance) Non-g20 applicants are only applicants employed in the public sector. G20 applicants should have at least one year of work experience.
- KDI Special scholarship: check the benefits of this scholarship here/ below
- POSCO Asia Fellowship: (provides tuition fee, monthly allowance and round trip flight ticket- for government officials from Asia- has no separate application form.
- Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate degrees: (tuition fee, monthly allowance and round trip costs
- NIIED Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degree (GKS-G): offered for three years, provides full-tuition fee, monthly allowance, and round trip cost
- FSS – KFB KDIS provides tuition fee, monthly stipends and flight tickets for government officials recommended by Financial Supervisory Services of Korea (FSS)
- Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) (number of participants:35): provides tuition fees, monthly allowance and round trip flight costs offered for the following two fields of study:
- Master degree in Regulation management for economic development
- Master’s degree in Trade in Industrial Policy for Sustainable and Inclusive Growth.
- Industrial Bank of Korea (IBK) Scholarship offers full tuition fee, monthly allowance, and travel costs offered for government officials recommended by IBK.
Benefits of master’s degree scholarships
- Monthly Stipend (GAS $850, Seoul G20: $1000)
- Air Fare (for Seoul G20)
Benefits for Ph.D. candidates:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
Application Period for admission fall intake:
- April 1- 31, 2022
- ***The application deadlines for KOICA and NIIED are different***
- – KOICA TI Scholarships: ~ March 2022
- – NIIED Scholarship (Univ. track) : ~ March 31, 18:00, 2022
- Result notification: Late June 2022
- Program start: September
The application dates for Spring 2023 intake:
- application period:September 1- 23- 2022
- Document review: September 24-November 3, 2022
- Document review result: November 4, 2022
- Interview: November 14-21, 2022
- Final Result: December 7, 2022
- Document submission deadline (for accepted students only): December 23, 2022
Registration: December 23, 2022
- Program Entrance: February 2023
- Applicants whose parents are both from a country other than Korea or have completed 16 years of education in a foreign country.
- Applicants for the Master’s degree program must have/expected to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university (minimum of 3 years). Ph.D. applicants hold a bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years) and a master’s degree before February 28, 2023
- Be proficient in the English language.
- Applicants must be currently employed in the public sector or have 6 years of working experience in the public sector (Seoul G20 global leaders fellowship applicants only)
All applicants must submit an online application added to the following required documents:
- Checklist of the document
- Statement of Purpose (must use the official form)
- (Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent) Certified Copy of Transcripts (bachelor’s and master’s degree transcripts for Ph.D. studies )
- Certified Copy of Graduate Certificate or Certificate of Expected Graduation
- Two Recommendation Letters (Online or hard copies); academic or professional
- TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, TEPS, OPIC Score Report, or Certificate of Medium of Instruction (Recommended)
- Employment Verification (required for Seoul G20 applicant)
- Copy of Passport
- Two Photos uploaded on the online application
- Video Essay (optional)
- Dissertation Research proposal for Ph.D. applicants
Note: Academic documents must be either 1) Apostilled by a designated authority or 2) Consular-verified by the Korean
Embassy in the country where you received the degree. As it may take a long time to authenticate the documents, please prepare them in advance.
How to Apply:
You can choose one of the following ways:
Apply and submit an online application to KDI School before the university deadline
Apply via the Korean Embassy in your home country.
Applicants must submit all the required documents in one package through POSTAL MAIL or personally to the admissions office of KDI before the deadline.
Your submitted documents will not be returned back.
Please note to apply for only one program.
Please download and read the guideline attached below to learn more about the necessary documents and prepare them according to the instructions.
To apply for the scholarship, please visit: 1278 Korean Government Scholarship (Master and PhD)
For more information, please visit the KDI School Website