Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 10 Months
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 10460
The Stanford University John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships 2023–2024 are now accepting applications. The Fellowships gather journalists from all over the world every year to spend September through June at Stanford working on solutions to the most pressing issues confronting journalism. Apply to the program if you want to become a leader who can rethink and transform journalism.
A John S. Knight Journalism Fellowship primarily focuses on two things: identifying attitudes and tools necessary to become a more resilient leader and change agent, as well as exploring and testing ideas for tackling a problem in journalism that is relevant to you.
- Host University: Stanford University
- For International Students: December 1, 2022
- For US Students: January 25, 2023
- Duration: 10 Months
- Fellowship Period: September 2023 to June 2024
- Location: USA
They provide JSK Fellows specialized coaching, a peer group, and direction that inspires professional and personal growth throughout the 10-month fellowship. Additionally, fellows will have the time and freedom to access and study this top-tier university’s resources. In particular, they want to support people who are working to support underrepresented communities.
Benefits of the fellowship:
- 95,000 Dollar for the stipend
- Supplement for fellows with children
- Tuition fee of the Stanford University
- Health insurance for fellows, her/his spouses, and children
- They provide JSK Fellows a cohort of their peers, individualised mentoring, leadership seminars that are suited to their needs, and direction that inspires both professional and personal growth over 10-month fellowship.
- Fellows are free and given the opportunity to explore the resources of a top-tier university. We support fellows in acquiring the mindsets and leadership resiliency necessary to successfully navigate change for many years to come.
- JSK Fellows are welcomed as part of a worldwide community that strives to advance journalism and acquire new friendships, contacts in the business, and skills that they can use when the fellowship has ended. We make a lifetime investment in each of our fellows as journalists and as individuals.
- Journalists from the United States and abroad who work for both new media outlets and established news organizations, as well as independent journalists, journalism entrepreneurs, and innovators.
- A minimum of five years of experience working as a professional must be required of applicants. They don’t demand that applicants have a college degree or previous experience working in conventional newsrooms.
- In general, they do not accept applications from people working in academic positions, government agencies, trade and home newsletters, publications, public relations, or public information.
- They are not a business accelerator, and the fellowship does not fund or support book projects or reporting projects.
It takes a full-time commitment to be a JSK Fellow. You will be required to give up other professional job in order to concentrate on the fellowship experience, get a monthly payment, and have health insurance for you and your dependents.
You’ll be required to:
- Be a resident at Stanford University from September through June throughout the academic year.
Invest your entire time in the fellowship.
- Participate in biweekly sessions with your adviser, weekly meetings with your cohort, and other sporadic JSK events.
- Share your ideas and efforts with the public all year long.
- Collaborate with individuals who have a variety of opinions, ideas, and experiences.
- Application form
- Selfie video about 1-minute of you describing your fellowship project and why it is important to you (max. 250 MB)
- Contact Information of 3 References
- Work Samples
How to apply?
Participants must submit their documents through the online application platform
For more information about John S. Knight Journalism Fellowship in the USA, please visit the Stand University’s website.
More opportunities you may be eligible for:
- University of California FREE Online Course on Academic and Business Writing
- Rise Challenge for Young and Talented Individuals Worldwide
- Mind Fullness and Resilience to stress at work Free Online Course
- 2023 Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) Program for International School Students in the U.S.
- Introduction to programming in C Specialization free online course