Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study All Majors Offered By University
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 46005
Application is open for the 2023 MEXT University Recommendation Scholarships at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU). Outstanding International Applicants can apply to this fully funded scholarship to study their higher education at Asia Pacific University. Applicants should first apply to Asia Pacific University, then the university will recommend eligible applicants to the Scholarship organization. MEXT Scholarships is offered by Japan Ministry of education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), University Recommendation and Embassy recommendation to enhance the international competitiveness and promote the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
- Offered by: Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- Host University: Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Study Level: Master’s & PhD, Graduate School of Management (MBA)
- Application Deadline: November 16, 2022 (for September 2023 Enrollment)
Benefits of MEXT University recommendation scholarships:
This scholarship provides the following expenses for selected students:
- 100% tuition fee
- Monthly allowance of 144,000 JPY for living expenses
- At the start and completion of the program, flight travel between the home nation and APU will be in economy class.
Who can apply?
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Being a citizen of a MEXT-designated nation
- Born on/or after April 2, 1988
- Have obtained a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at the latest university.
- serving on active military duty or civilians employed by military during the application
- Recipients must be able to enter Japan during the APU-specified arrival window.
- If you have earned a MEXT scholarship in the past, you cannot apply for this scholarship unless you have more than three years of academic research experience following the final payment of the prior MEXT scholarship grant.
- One cannot apply for this scholarship and another MEXT scholarship at the same time.
- The recipients of this scholarship are not permitted to take advantage of any other scholarship opportunities while attending APU.
- The recipient of this scholarship must have “student” as their visa status in Japan.
- The only scores that will be accepted for the English Proficiency Test Score are those that were obtained on or after March 24, 2021.
How to apply?
Applicants must first apply to APU in order to be considered for this scholarship. After that, APU will choose eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
Applicant Requirements for applying to APU:
- Applicant Information
- Personal Statement
- Research Proposal
- University Graduation Certificate(s)/Certificate of Scheduled Graduation
- Academic Transcripts
- Documents Proving English Proficiency
- Sample Work or List of Research Achievements (for PhD applicants only)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Passport Scan
- Supervisor Confirmation Letter (for PhD applicants only)
- GRE® and GRE® General Test at Home Results
Additional Documents for Submission (If Applicable):
- Residence Card (both sides)/Certificate of Residence
- Proof of Scholarships Received from Organizations Other than APU
- Additional Required Documents for Each External Scholarship
- Designation Page in Your Passport
For further information about required documents and other requirements, visit APU’s website.
Please submit your APU application by November 16, 2022. (for September 2023 Enrollment). April enrollment is currently unavailable. There are no more documents necessary to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU examines application materials and recommends outstanding candidates to MEXT.
- Applicants who are recommended for this scholarship are notified along with the results of their final APU application.
- Selected applicants complete and return to APU additional MEXT application paperwork.
- MEXT determines the final scholarship grant results.
- MEXT Top Global University Scholarships at Asia Pacific University
- 2023 Meta Research PhD Fellowship ($42,000 Stipend available)
- Free Online Course on ‘Preparing for A Career in Teaching’ by Manchester Metropolitan University
- Free Online Course on ‘People Management Skills in Organizations’ by CIPD
- Free Online Course on “How to Read a Novel?” by the University of Edinburgh
For more details about Japan MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarship at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, please visit the Asia Pacific University’s website.