Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 To 3 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishJapanese
Opportunity ID 10387
International applicants who want to pursue their master’s degree or Ph.D. in Japan can apply to MEXT Scholarships offered by the Government of Japan the University of Tokyo. This is a fully-funded scholarship program covering all expenses during the study period.
Details of Japan Scholarship (MEXT)
Institution: University of Tokyo
Application period: October 1- 29, 2021
Fields of study:
- Earth & Planetary science
- Biological Sciences
Level of study:
- Master degree
Duration of scholarship:
- Master degree: October 2022 – September 2024 (2years)
- Doctoral Program = October 2022 – September 2025 (3years)
MEXT Scholarship benefits at University of Tokyo:
- Monthly allowance of 144000 JPY/month for master degree and 145000 JPY for Ph.D. students
- 2000 – 3000 JPY per month will additionally be offered to students undertaking research/study in some designated regions of the country.
- One round trip International traveling cost
- Tuition fee exemption
You may apply to :
- Japan MEXT Scholarship for Master degree and PhD at Asia Pacific University
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship at Asia Pacific University in Japan
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing countries at Keio University, Japan
- Asian Development Bank Master degree scholarships at Keio University
Who can apply?
- Applicants who want to start their studies in a master’s degree or PhD starting in September next year
- Have a university average grade point of 2.30 out of 3.00 or above in their two most recent years of study and be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the scholarship program.
- Be national of the country with diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Born after April 2, 1987
- have the qualification to be admitted to the Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo
- apply to the fields of study related to the previous degree
- Be proficient in English/ Japanese
- English: B2 Level or above, TOEFL iBT 72, IELTS 5.5 or above, or have studied his/her previous degree in English
- Japanese: Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) with a score of N2 or higher. have studied his/her previous degree in Japanese
- Be in Good health
- Be able to arrive in Japan by a specified date by the University of Tokyo.
How to apply?
Applicants should send the documents for the MEXT scholarship to International Liaison Office by post and complete admission application for the Master / Ph.D. program. Instructions here
Applicants should select one type of scholarship 1) International Priority Graduate Program (PGP) 2) General.
- Application form
- Field of study and research plan (download the template)
- Letter of recommendation from (dean or above) having university letterhead, written and signed by Dean or above, and name of the addressee must be the President of the University of Tokyo.
- Recently taken Passport size photo (Write the name and nationality on the back and glue it to the application form. A photo in electronic data format is acceptable.
- Application form for your choice of program
- Official transcripts issued by the university
- Abstract of graduation thesis
- Official statement of (expected ) graduation
- Passport photo
International Liaison Office (ILO), Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo
ADDRESS Room 278, 2nd floor, School of Science Building 1, Hongo Campus
7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033 JAPAN
MAIL [email protected]
Selected nominees will notified by email in January 2020. Official notification of grantees will be made in June by postal mail.