Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 12
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 94861
Applications are now being accepted for the Jacobs Foundation Global Research Fellowship Program 2023. Early- and mid-career researchers whose work focuses on enhancing the learning and development of children and youth worldwide are eligible for the Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program, a highly competitive fellowship program.
Education sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, behavioral science, computer science, pedagogy, linguistics, neurosciences, and the science of learning are a few of the relevant fields.
Scholars who want to integrate different levels of analysis and work across disciplines are especially invited to apply. Work to comprehend and embrace learning variability, advance the creation, transmission, and practical application of information on human learning and development, or boost the capacity to scale up successful educational policies and practices are all given particular attention.
The following issues are of particular importance to the Jacobs Foundation:
- What effects do individual differences and environmental circumstances have on learning, growth, and learning outcomes?
- How can we account for learner diversity at scale so that every kid may realize their full academic and personal potential?
- How can we create treatments that lessen the widening gaps in children’s learning and the effects of digital technology?
- How can we address the use of data to support learners’ and teachers’ decision-making regarding their instruction and learning?
Provided by: Jacobs Foundation
Deadline: January 15, 2023
Duration: 3 years
Eligible Nations: All
- The grant for the fellowship is worth CHF 150,000. The program offers various non-financial benefits, including independent and competitive funding for fellows.
The perfect applicant
- Possesses a Ph.D. or a comparable degree earned during the last ten years.
- Is a worker in a research facility or higher education institution.
- Is carrying out top-notch study in a field in which the Jacobs Foundation is interested.
- Is dedicated to participating in and contributing to the activities of the Jacobs Foundation and the Fellowship Network.
The following selection factors are equally weighted:
- Research achievements and publishing history in the past
- Imagination and the capacity to lead the scientific community
- Scientific integrity of data and methodology
- International applicability of the fellow’s proposed study Potential to advance learning and human development
- Planning initiatives by the objectives of the Jacobs Foundation
- Willingness to interact with us and support the Foundation’s goals
Associated files that must be supplied with the application form:
- The curriculum vitae of the candidate, together with a list of the candidate’s academic publications
- A study that the applicant has written and published
Separate mail should be forwarded to the Jacobs Foundation:
- A one-page letter of support for the applicant, endorsing them and outlining their credentials, initiative, and research, from a senior researcher inside or outside the candidate’s department. Send this mail to ([email protected]) directly.
Candidates can submit their applications online by clicking the apply now button below, logging onto the application website, and completing the application form.
For more details about Jacobs Foundation Global Research Fellowship, please refer to Jacobs Foundation’s official website.