Opportunity ID 7827
If you are a professional, amateur photographer, healthcare, environmental health worker, young or women from a developing country and willing to participate in an international photo contest, you can apply to International Photo Contest on Greener Healthcare Waste management to get precious awards.
This competition is organized by GEF financed UNDP/WHO/Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) supported project, “Reducing UPOPs and Mercury releases from the Health Sector in Africa” and the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development (MoE) and Ministry of Health (MoH) of Madagascar are organizing International Photo Contest on Greener Healthcare Waste Management.
Objectives of the photo contest
- Increasing public awareness on the issues related to healthcare waste treatment and management (HCWM) through visual and artistic medium.
- Promoting best practices on HCWM along with non-incineration waste treatment and mercury-free technologies for greener healthcare practices.
- application deadline: April 30 – July 15, 2019
- International jury voting: July 15 -22, 2019
- Winners Announcement : July 22, 2019
Organizers and Partners
- Organizer: GEF financed UNDP/WHO/Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) supported project, “Reducing UPOPs and Mercury releases from the Health Sector in Africa”, implemented in Ghana, Madagascar, Tanzania and Zambia
- Government Partner: the Republic of Madagascar – Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development (MoE) and Ministry of Health (MoH).
- There are 8 prizes of $400 vouchers/cheques (or whatever is applicable)
- Appreciation certificates for the best 30 photos
Who can apply?
- Professional and amateur photographers.
- Environmental health workers, healthcare workers, and especially women and youth from developing countries is particularly are welcomed to apply.
Categories of the Photo Contest:
Photos will be accepted in two categories:
Category 1: “HCWM for People and Planet”
- Through the contest Two finalists in category
- 1 will be awarded.
- Additional special nomination awards are also available for photos depicting positive images for the following special categories (one for each):
- “Alternatives to healthcare waste burning/incineration”
- “Mercury-free healthcare”
- “HCWM for better infection prevention”
- “Women and HCWM”
Category 2. “Greener healthcare I want to see in the future”
- Two finalists in Greener healthcare will be awarded.
How to apply?
apply online and submit your photos. You are allowed to submit only two photos (1 for each category)
photos will be evaluated in the following two stages:
when photos received exceeds thirty photos, up to 30 photos will be preliminarily selected
20 photos in Category 110 photos in Category 2
International Jury Team that is consisting of organizers and experts, representing different countries will evaluate and select the winners. each category. In total, there will be 4 winners (two in each category) and additional four winners in special nominations.
For more information please visit Green House Healthcare Photo contest