Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Sustainable Transition
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 148597
The Justus Liebig University (JLU) Giessen is offering an international master’s program sustainable transition to extraordinary EU & international students form who have relevant education and expertise in sustainable development and transition. The program will be offered fully online and lead to an MSc degree in Sustainable Transition. Therefore, do you seek to understand the development and transition process? If yes, then join it.
Details at a glance
- Application deadline: 15 July 2021
- Offering University: Justus Liebig University Giessen, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences and Environmental Management
- Mode of study: Online
- Program length: 4 semesters
- Level: Master
- Language of instruction: English
- Start of program: in the winter semester
As a student of and by completing the JLU master program, you will:
- Analyze and realize the concept of sustainability and the concerned trade-offs through the lens of diverse disciplines;
- Understand the various areas of transition, including economic, legal, political, social, agricultural, and environmental facets and their interdependencies with sustainability;
- Gain knowledge as well as critical capabilities in methods and strategies to propel the transition processes towards a more sustainable economy;
- Be adept in assessing transition processes from a sustainability viewpoint and building solutions for sustainable transitions applicable to the private and public sectors.
Who are eligible to apply?
International students coming from a relevant background can apply.
Students must be able to undertake the program, online. However, there are some optional modules offered with physical attendance for which students can attend the summer school of JLU.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 ECTS-points and the grade good or very good in one of the scientific disciplines below:
- Natural or environmental sciences
- Political science
Proof of adequate knowledge in economics, or/and the social sciences, i.e. at least 60 ECTS points in at least one of these subjects.
As the degree course is entirely English-medium, applicants must provide evidence of adequate competency in English both in writing and speaking.
The language proficiency can be proved by one of the following means:
- TOEFL test iBT with at least 80 points or IELTS test with a minimum grade of 6 in the academic test;
- proof of university entrance document granted for one of these countries: Australia, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, the USA, the UK, South Africa
- evidence of previous Bachelor’s degree course completion in the English language
- proof of the UNIcert II certificate.
As far as students should work with learning management systems, demonstrate knowledge and submit many different written tasks, JLU expects the following technical requirements:
- stable internet connection,
- Computer with sufficient screen size (about 15 inches), camera and headset, whereas several different devices and combinations are possible.
The university will review Applications individually as to whether the study requirements are satisfied. A special commission at JLU will then finally make a decision on the admission.
How to apply for this Master’s program?
Non-EU students who do not have a German A-level degree or bachelor’s degree should apply online at the link below.
Applicants must provide a letter of motivation of 500 words (+/- 10%) describing their personal motivation and/or their subject-specific knowledge.
Please note that JLU does not charge study fees but it does administrative fees currently amounting to 300 Euro (still varying as per semester).
For more information you may get in touch:
Registrar’s Office, JLU
Postal address: Postfach 11 14 40, 35359 Giessen
Visit the website of the university for more information about the program and documents/attachments.
Visit here to see other scholarships on our website.