Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration 3 12 Months
Language of Instruction English
About the program
Arquetopia Foundation provides international artist residencies for artists in two different countries for the years 2021, 2022, and 2023.
This wide-ranging, unique, and mentored residency program offers competitive professional opportunities for early- and mid-career, national and international artists, designers, and photographers at the age of 20 and above.
Furthermore, the Art, Design, or Photography Production Residency is a non-instructional residency program involving individual mentoring provided by the foundation’s directorial and curatorial staff for tailored research assistance/resources, project guidance, and critique. Also, resident artists in this program work independently in its spaces.
Application deadline: 27 June 2021
Organizing institution: Arquetopia Foundation
Residency duration: Flexible sessions of 4 to 12 weeks in Puebla; or 3 to 12 weeks in Oaxaca or Cusco.
The artist residency program includes:
- Each resident artist meeting weekly with the directorial and curatorial staff for personalized mentoring, research assistance/resources, project direction, and assessment.
Accommodation & foods (Puebla):
- Equipped, private bedroom
- Meals and 24-hour access to the equipped kitchen and large dining room
- Wireless Internet
- Use of Arquetopia’s residency spaces including 4th-floor lounge and outdoor terraces
- Shared bathrooms with modern features and showers
Studio Workspace (Puebla, Oaxaca and Cusco):
- 24-hour access to large and bright, shared art studio with plentiful natural light
- Personal workspace with big table and wall space
- Some tools provided
- Separate top-floor studio with bright natural light and sliding ventilation doors provided for oil painting
- Darkroom provided for photographers; some materials available
- Artists bring their own materials and supplies or acquire them locally
Housing, meals and transportation (Oaxaca):
- Downtown arrival pick up and departure dropoff transportation
- Although cheap, everyday public transportation is also available from the residency vicinity into the city, Arquetopia also provides scheduled transportation into downtown Oaxaca once per week by van
- Arrival pick up and departure dropoff transportation offered at Cusco Airport (Cusco only)
Applications from emerging and mid-career artists, designers, photographers, curators, art historians, writers, and researchers who are 20 years old and above are welcome.
For preference, applications are assessed for selection as they are received (not held until the closing date).
How to apply?
Application is online and applicants may submit their complete application online via the following link.
You may complete the application in English or Espanol.
Note: get in touch with [email protected] for program tuition info and specific application deadlines for this program.
To submit your application, complete the steps below:
#1: Send a brief, introductory e-mail to [email protected] containing all of the following:
A. Your current CV.
B. Artists, photographers, and designers: should attach five (5) sample images of your works (JPEG, PNG, or PDF format, 72 dpi, maximum 2 MB each file) and a brief statement verifying that all works are your own original work.
Curators, art historians, writers, and researchers: affix five (5) sample texts of their works (3 pages each excerpt) and a brief statement attesting that all works are their own original production.
#2. Submit your donation of US $35.00 via the orange “DONATE NOW” button on the right side of this page.
#3. Submit your completed Arquetopia Artist-in-Residence Online Application (below).
For questions regarding the program, contact at [email protected].
Go to the official link for more information.