Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 112988
Applications are now open for the Institute of International Education’s Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) 2021. It is the only global program that organizes and funds fellowships for threatened and displaced scholars at IIE’s partnering higher education institutions anywhere in the world where IIE-SRF fellows can continue their work safely. Scholars who face threats in their home or residence countries are eligible for the fellowship.
Application deadline: April 5, 2021 (the institute awards fellowships on a quarterly basis and sets deadlines accordingly. So to be considered for June 2021 cohort, you should apply by the given date).
Awarding institution: Institute of International Education (IEE)
Duration: One year
- These fellowships award an amount of $25,000USD for accepted fellows to complete it.
- Oftentimes, IIE-SRF fellows are eligible to apply for a second and final year of fellowship support.
- In addition, Persecuted Scholars in their home countries may express their interest for the Baden-Württemberg Fund (German) in their application materials if they are interested.
- Professors, academics, and public scholars who confront threats and cannot continue their work in their home countries are welcome to apply.
- Academics from any country and in any academic field or discipline may qualify.
Priority is given to scholars who:
- Possess a Ph.D. or highest degree in their field and have momentous teaching and/or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher education;
- Have a proven record of published research;
- Exhibit excellent academic accomplishment or promise;
- Are facing or have recently escaped from immediate, targeted threats to their lives and/or careers in their countries of origin or countries of residence;
- Will work for their home and/or host academic communities.
- Applications from women and members of ethnic, racial, cultural, or religious minority groups, or those otherwise underrepresented in their fields are encouraged.
Applicants are evaluated against academic qualifications and experience, the quality and/or potential of their work, and the earnestness of the threats that they face.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply by sending their complete application package via email to the institute.
Send to [email protected]. In case an applicant cannot send h/herself, a third party may send on their behalf.
- Application coversheet (see here)
- Current resume/CV (including the important details)
- Academic statement
- Personal statement
- Reference letters (at least three and at most 4: two academic/professional and two personal references)
- A copy of your Ph.D. or highest degree diploma
- Examples of your latest research publications.
Note1: if you don’t have access to email, you can send your application via fax or post.
Scholar Rescue Fund
Institute of International Education
One World Trade Center, 36th Floor
New York, New York 10007, USA
Note2: due to the high demand for IIE-SRF support, the program is not able to grant fellowship support to all candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
For further information, especially regarding application materials and to read FAQs, please visit IIE-SRF Fellowship 2021.