Opportunity ID 5097
Deadline: November 26, 2018
Workshop duration and date: 2 days (December 11-12, 2018)
- The International Network for Government Science Advice (INGSA) Asia
- Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi India
Location of the Program: Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi India
A great workshop for south Asia is organized by International Network for Government Science Advice in India for two days. Policy makers will come together to address the importance of scientific advice and other factors in policy making about different challenges. In addition, they will gain skills relevant to effective science advice as well as they will have to opportunity to expand their network for support, idea exchange and experience.
The theme of the Workshop is Science Advice and the Environment. So we are looking to identify participants who have an interest in this thematic area.
Besides the training the applicants will get financial support of the following:
- airfare and
- accommodation costs
Note: visas and vaccinations will not be supported by organizer, for which participant may need to seek support from their local institution or fund personally.
Content of the program
The INGSA South Asia Capacity Building Workshop is developed as a highly interactive workshop that includes training, application, peer support and mentorship. Throughout the 2-day workshop, participants will be involved in:
- Elements of effective (collective) science advice
- Strategies towards effective collaboration and network building
- Creative and systems thinking
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communication skills
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Overcoming cultural inhibitions
- Monitoring and assessment of programme impact
Best practices, experiences and opportunities:
- Insights from experienced science advisor
- Opportunities for participants to apply the skills that they have acquired
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants who are:
- Ambitious and values driven scientist or policy maker
- Committed towards active contribution or creation of science advice
- Apply the gained skills at the workshop in existing or new initiatives in one year following the initial training
- Able to interact with other participants through events or online
How to apply?
Applicants need to apply online
- Completed application form
- One recommendation letter having institution leader head from a referee who are committed to future communication and mentorship and express their will interest toward supporting the participant development as an academic leader
- Short CV
For more queries please contact us via email:
You can read the complete call for application HERE
You may want to know about other available workshops HERE