Opportunity ID 9943
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
In order to encourage quality reporting on labour migration for better protection migrant workers rights, International labour Organization (ILO) has launched the Media Competition on Labour Migration. The competition organized annually and theme of the competition this year are “ Fair recruitment” and “ the future of labour migration”. The competition will be two categories, student journalism and professional journalism.
The Media Competition is organized for Promoting quality reporting on labour migration issues around the world such as prejudice, intolerance and stigmatization in their workplaces and societies, Negative public narratives.
- International Trade Union confederation (ITUC)
- International Organization of Employers (IOE)
- Equal Times
- The Office of the High commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- Solidarity Centre
- International Federation of Journalists
- Migrant Forum in Asia
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Result announcement: December 18, 2019
What is the Prize?
The selected winners will the option to choose from the following two cash categories:
- Cash prize: $1000 for professional journalists and $300 for student journalists
- Fellowship prize: Participating in a ITC Turin training course on Labour Migration (or a related topic) ( Course fee, Daily Subsistence allowance and travel will be covered by ITC).
The winners will be featured on the ILO website and will be widely disseminated by the ILO and Competition partners as an example of quality journalism
You May Like:
Who is eligible to apply?
- Be Student or professional journalist
How to apply?
- Please read full terms and conditions, then Submit a labour migration story in one of the following categories:
- Written press
- Photo essay
- Video or radio
- The piece you submit must have published after November 1, 2018
- The submission should be done in English, French or Spanish
For any queries please contact ILO by firstname.lastname@example.org,
Global Media competition official link