Opportunity ID 4950
IDRC offers several research awards for researchers from Canada, or developing countries to do research on Research ethics and get the training and mentorship. The awardees will have the opportunity to work for one year in IDRC office in Ottawa, Canada.
Duration of award: 1 year
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Deadline: November 15, 2018
Research topics, projects:
- Ethical issues in research on human nutrition, especially in children under 5 and vulnerable group such as women and adolescent girls
- Analyzing the ethical consideration relevant to improve food systems for public health
Activities included in the program:
- Training and seminars on research ethics
- Maintenance and expansion of IDRC’s database
- Development and updating internal policies and standard procedures
- Supporting to review the process of research proposals
- Internal and external promotion of ACRE’s services through website, and social media
- Help the ACRE to strengthen their relationship with stakeholders
Required document for successful candidate:
- Research plan
- Outlining the qualification and how this program will help them advance their career plans.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants who meet the requirement for IDRC awards 2019 and have the following qualification:
- Have work experience and or got global health ethics, bioethics or related fields training
- Be interested in research ethics in international development
- Have good understanding of research for development
- Be skilled in research and analysis
- Have good communication skills
- Be proficient in English
- Those who have field experience in developing countries and / or have the proficiency in French language will be given will get a plus.
How to apply
Applicants can send their application to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Required documents to be sent:
- CV / resume
- Cover letter including the description of research
For more information please visit the IDRC Website