Opportunity ID 104507
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 42
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
About the award
Nominations for the International Data Corporation (IDC) Smart City Asia Pacific Awards are now open. In recognition of the outstanding Smart Cities projects, IDC is launching its 7th Smart City Asia Pacific Awards (SCAPA). These 2021 awards will celebrate the progress Asia Pacific municipalities have made and also provide a platform for sharing the best practices to help accelerate Smart City development in the region. So, eligible municipalities and municipal organizations having smart projects for constructing smart cities are invited to apply and share their projects.
Submission deadline: 11 February 2022
Awarding organization: International Data Corporation (IDC)
Target region: Asia Pacific
Number of awards: 42 (three projects awarded from each category)
The 2021 IDC Smart City Asia/Pacific Awards will honor the top Smart City initiatives in Asia/Pacific excepting Japan in 14 categories:
- Civic Engagement
- Digital Equity and Accessibility
- Economic Development
- Open Spaces Development
- Public Health and Social Services
- Public Safety- Next-Generation Emergency Services
- Public Safety- Data-Driven Policing
- Smart Buildings/ Smart Tech Parks
- Smart Water
- Sustainable Infrastructure
- Transportation – Connected & Autonomous Vehicles, Public Transit, Ride-Hailing/Ride-Sharing
- Transportation – Transport Infrastructure
- Urban Planning and Land Use
Who can nominate?
- Any organization can nominate a city project or initiative, including the municipality itself, state or provincial organizations, or solutions providers.
- IDC accepts early nominations for its SCAPA 2021.
- Nominators can choose from the above 14 categories to which they can submit their projects while they may find their project to be eligible for more than one category.
- Three projects from each category will win awards.
What characteristics should the submitted projects have?
- IDC is looking for successful Smart City projects and initiatives submissions in Asia Pacific towns, cities, counties, states and provinces.
- The projects must be in some stage of implementation, not theoretical ideas or signed projects that have yet to be started.
- The organization, is specifically, looking for best practice examples of urban innovation with a specific focus on the application of technology (cloud, platforms, analytics, IoT, mobile solutions) and data, unique partnerships, funding models and/or community involvement.
Judging criteria will depend on IDC analysts’ benchmarking assessment (50%), public/citizen votes (25%) and rating from the IDC International Advisory Council (25%).
How to nominate?
Organizational nominators can submit their nomination(s) online.
For further details about the awards, please visit the IDC website.