Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 6
Fields of study Retinoblastoma Diagnosis And Therapy
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 Months
Language of Instruction EnglishPersian
Opportunity ID 7933
International council of ophthalmology offers a Three-months opportunity at a teaching institution in Iran or India. The Children’s Eye Cancer Foundation will sponsor the fellowship. The program aims to help young ophthalmologists gain new skills, knowledge, and more experience in Retinoblastoma diagnosis and therapy. This opportunity is open for interested applicants. Those who can participate in the fellowship must return to their home country with acquired knowledge and skills.
Organization: international council of ophthalmology
- March 31, 2022
- September 30, 2022
The prize will cover:
- Living expenses
- Traveling cost
Number of the fellowship: 4-6
Result notification: July
- Start Date:
- October 1
- April 1
- ICO-Children’s Eye Cancer Foundation Three-Months Retinoblastoma Fellowship
- The ICO-National Eye Health Institute One Year Fellowship in Ocular Genetics
- ICO-Retina Research Foundation One-year Helmerich Fellowship
What will you learn?
Fellows have the opportunity to participate in the following:
- examination under anesthesia: About 300 cases of retinoblastoma in 3 months, including new and follow-up cases with the following procedures:
- Transpupillary thermotherapy
- Periocular Chemotherapy
- Intravitreal Chemotherapy
- Surgical exposure: Live surgeries+3D recorded video demonstration of the following:
- Plaque Radiotherapy
- Pathology exposure includes the following:
- Grossing an eyeball with retinoblastoma
- Histopathology of retinoblastoma
- Medical Oncology includes the following:
- Systemic chemotherapy dose calculation
- Plaque radiotherapy dose calculation
- Vison rehabilitation/center for sight enhancement
- project related to retinoblastoma
- Didactic lectures on retinoblastoma
- Applicants must have completed the residency training before applying for the fellowship.
- Must pass the ophthalmology exam successfully (Master of Surgery, Diploma of National Board, etc.), the achieved certificate must be in English or French.
- Reside and work in a low-income country
- applicants must return to their home country after completing the fellowship
- must meet the language requirements of the fellowship training center
- must be able to pass one or more than one ICO exam, which will be checked during the application evaluation
- applicants who are from countries with ophthalmologic societies will be preferred
Note: those applicants who want to apply for the second time are not eligible.
- Passport scanned copy
- Recommendation letter from the current Chair’s recommendation and residency (DOC file, 80 KB)
- Previous recommendation letter from your supervisor of Chair’s (DOC file, 80 KB)
Note: the uploaded files must be in (jpg, pdf, doc, Docx, and png, the file’s size must not be more than 20MB,), do not attach your file in zip.
How to apply:
Fill the online application form.
If applicants any questions, they can have a glance at Frequently Asked questions. For further information, they can contact [email protected].