Opportunity ID 3711
Deadline: July 30, 2018 Location: Canada
Program duration: 8 months (September 2018- May 2019)
Organization: Institute for Canadian Citizenship (ICC)
Young people who are passionate to build citizenship in their community can apply to ICC Fellowship program. The Institute for Canadian Citizenship (ICC) offers a fellowship program to young people from any region to encourage them make a change in their community by creating and implementing the inclusion and citizenship The fellowship will provide networking, skills development and financial assistance opportunity to the fellows.
Fellowship theme in 2018:
In 2018 the main focus of the fellowship program is technology and how it has changed the meaning of being a citizen. And can we find a better way to employ technology for the betterment of societies and citizenship? Technology has brought a broad range of changes in the way we communicate, interact, work and be included in a community.
- Networking opportunity
- Access to resources and support for running citizenship projects in the fellows communities
- 4,000 Canadian dollar grant (for project support)
- Free Participation in ICC fellowship and 6 degree events in Toronto, Canada – September 23 to 26, 2018. All expenses are covered by ICC (travel and accommodation)
- Opportunity to develop the leadership skills and capacity
RELATED: Top 10 recent fellowships
Who can apply?
- Be under the age of 30 ( born after 24-09-1988)
- Be national of any country, any religion party, sexes, and marital status
- Applicants with any background and fields including artists, academics, policymakers, educators, and active community members can apply.
Requirements of fellowship:
Each of the fellow need to participate in the events organized by ICC, be active member of ICC network and serve as an ICC ambassadors in championing inclusion and Active citizenship. In addition, the fellows need to participate in regular check-ins with ICC staff about their project status. They also need to design, implement, and execute a project related to technology and citizenship.
Applicants can apply online using the online application form.
Required Documents for ICC Fellowship
- Essay about ” Why do you apply for the ICC Fellowship?” (maximum 500 words)
- Fellowship project proposal
- Preliminary Budget Proposal
- Two reference name and contact details
For further queries, you can contact Megan Dias via email: firstname.lastname@example.org