Opportunity ID 9120
Institute for Creative Arts or ICA invites applicants from around the globe for MA study in following fields of study at the University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Live Art,
- Interdisciplinary and
- Public Art .
The program provides scholarships for a variety of professionals to continue their study in a fully funded program. The key themes of the institute is Interdisciplinary, Live Art and Public Spheres and the projects are filled with collaboration, innovation and a dialogue with community and urbanism.
Focus of the Research:
- Interdisciplinary conversations, inclusive of such hybrid forms as site-specific performance, mixed-media performance, post-dramatic theatre, contemporary dance, live art (or performance art), performance curation.
- Interdisciplinary study in relation to cultural and socio-political contexts.
Sites for study include:
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Performance Art / Live Art
- Live Art in South Africa and other parts of the African continent
- Decolonial imaginaries, the decolonial body and the body as text and site of contestation
- Spectatorship and relationships with viewing, audience involvement
- Site specificity and the creative and performing arts
- The creation of Public Spheres: open access spaces for the creation and reception of creative and performing arts events and discourse.
- Deadline: 30th August 2019
- Duration: Two year
- Location: University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
- Number of scholarship: 4
- R100,000 per annum
- Visual Artists
- As well as performing and creative art researchers
How to apply:
applicant should apply online. Inside the application form, you will see a section called Expression of Interest and it asks the following info:
- Personal info (Name, Address, and etc.)
- Thesis and Proposed Research Area (300 words max)
- Whether you will participate even if you your application is not considered for scholarship.
Note: Once shortlisted the applicant will be asked to submit a formal application that includes full proposal.
If have any queries, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “MA Proposal Query”.
For more information please go to the official website of ICA.