Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Duration 12 Months +
Language of Instruction English
The global youth division of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) –SDSN Youth has initiated the SDG Student Program to bring together and engage youth in education from around the world in efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda & sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Thus, the program aims to equip the youth with knowledge, skills, and pathways to take meaningful action on SDGs. In line with this goal, it is looking for candidates to join its global team. So, if you are passionate for working with a diverse network of young people and passionate about SDGs, apply for this opportunity.
Details of the job
Post Title: Project Officer in Human Resources
Organizing body: UN SDSN Youth, Operations Department
Location: Worldwide, Remote
Type of work: Voluntary
Time commitment: 10+ hours/week
Duration: 12 months in total, with two months probationary period at the start. It is extendable on a 12-month basis subject to performance review.
This role falls under the People & Culture, within the Operations team – where there are 4 pillars: Education, Experience, Culture, and Performance.
Duties and responsibilities
They fall within three categories:
- Researching and working closely with Project Leads to identify hiring needs, and position details
- Identifying, engaging, reviewing and recruiting candidates based on Project/Network team needs
- Managing the on-boarding experience for new-starters
- Carrying out Pulse surveys
- Being employee Relations point of contact for volunteers
- Managing Internal communications: Conduct regular conference calls, Workplace
- Vision and Core Values
People and Admin
- Grievance/Conflict resolution
- Managing HR Systems
- Policies and Procedures
This position will report to the Deputy Project Lead of People and Culture bearing in mind that reporting and communicating with the project leader effectively and actively is crucial in a virtual network.
All Project Officers have to undertake all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
The Project Officer (Human Resources) is someone who:
- Has experience managing stakeholders/partners
- Possesses excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Enjoys extensive professional or volunteer work experience in a team.
- Is a strong team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Has a passion for nurturing and enabling an inclusive team culture, who is driven and can work independently.
- Is responsive and able to organize regular communication with the team – including after-hours conference calls, as the network operates 10 different time zones.
- Is between 18-30 years old to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
The candidate has:
- Passion for sustainable development, and is passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking, and listening.
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to take on this role.
How to apply?
Candidates who are passionate about joining an exceptional global team may apply online at the link below.
For further information on the post and activities of SDSN Youth, please visit the website of UN SDSN.
Apply to similar volunteerism opportunity:
- Lead Research Project Officer Volunteer Job by UN SDSN Youth Worldwide
- Project Officer (Design) – Global Communications Team- Volunteer Job by UN SDSN Youth
- Project Officer (Communication and Social Media) Volunteer Job by UN SDSN Youth
- ‘Operations Project Officer’ Volunteer Job by UN SDSN Youth Worldwide