Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSCambridge qualification
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 85219
Holland Scholarships are offered to international students who want to study for their bachelor’s degree at Wageningen University and Research. The Holland Scholarship is a scholarship financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education Culture and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. Moreover, this scholarship supports exceptional students from a number of non-EU countries to pursue a bachelor’s program in the Netherlands.
Application deadline: Application starts from February 1st, 2021 up to May 1st, 2021.
Successful students will get a one-time payment of €5000 through their Dutch bank account during the first year of your study. A candidate can receive multiple Holland Scholarships, up to a maximum of three (€ 15.000).
International candidates must meet the following requirements to qualify for the scholarship:
- Be a talented applicant from a non-EU country*.
- Get an unconditional admission to one of the university’s bachelor programs.
- Meet the English language requirements by providing either TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Possess a Dutch secondary school leaving certificate or an equivalent to the Dutch pre-university diploma.
- Have studied certain subjects (at the required pre-university level) relevant to the program you are applying for.
- Provide a complete financial plan explaining how the total costs of your study are financed. Should you have a partial scholarship, a student loan, or private funding for your studies, please submit proof of this by uploading a scholarship letter or a bank statement.
- Have not studied a degree program in the Netherlands before.
- Along with your financial plan send a ranking sheet or a [reference letter] of your prior educational institution as proof of your excellence (this may strengthen your chance of success).
The university will start the evaluation of applications after 1 May 2021 and notify the applicants of results before June 14th, 2021.
What criteria are important in evaluating your application?
- Academic excellence,
- Quality and feasibility of your financial plan, and
- Diversity of the scholarship recipients as per their nationalities.
How to apply?
According to the above deadline, applicants can apply online while the application opens on Feb 1st 2021.
The steps you should take during the application:
- Check the scholarship eligibility requirements thoroughly.
- Download and fill out the financial plan.
- Upload online the financial plan with your application form.
- Submit your application for the Holland Scholarship by 1 May 2020.
Visit the official link for further details regarding this opportunity.