Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Humanities And Social Sciences
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 5 Days
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the 2021 Global Scholars Academy to be held in Geneva Switzerland. The Institute for Global Law and Policy (IGLP) of Harvard University’s Law School in collaboration with the Graduate Institute Geneva holds the second Global Scholars Academy in August 2021. The Global Scholars Academy is an intensive residential experience aimed at enabling junior faculty and post-doctoral researchers to engage in continued, interdisciplinary, peer-to-peer partnership under the close mentorship of research faculty drawn from the world’s high-ranked universities.
The program especially convenes post-doctoral scholars from the Global South to work, interact, collaborate and do researches together for the duration of the program. If you are one of those scholars, this is an outstanding opportunity to apply.
Application deadline: April 2, 2021
Organizer: Institute for Global Law and Policy (IGLP), Harvard University
Funder: Open Society University Network (OSUN)
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration: Five days (16-20 August)
You can find the themes for the 2021 Global Scholars Academy below. Descriptions will follow shortly (stay tuned).
- Authoritarianism, Populism and Constitutional Authority
- Colonial and Postcolonial Structures of Power and Domination
- Commons from Global to Local
- Critical and Social Theory
- Development, Distribution, and Inequality
- Digital and Technological Transformations
- Expertise, Knowledge, and Power
- Gender, Poverty and Social Inclusion
- Global Corporations
- Social Movements
- The Future of Work
- The Urban Environment in a Global World
- What is Global?
The 2021 Academy will provide a distinct interdisciplinary curriculum intended for junior scholars with scholarly projects related to this year’s themes and which focus on issues of importance for researchers and policymakers in the global South. The Academy will comprise of thematic mini-courses or “streams”, plenary lectures, and writing workshops.
The Academy program benefit includes:
- The opportunity to enhance academic and professional skills in presenting research, developing curricular materials and participating in Global scholarly dialog.
- In addition, writing workshops will offer scholars the opportunity to receive comprehensive, valuable feedback on their research from their peers and senior colleagues in small group settings.
- During the program, partakers will workshop their ongoing research, review current scholarship developments, reconsider canonical texts, and network with colleagues from around the world.
- High-profile and established post-PhD scholars from around the world can apply.
- The institute prefers applicants from the Global South who have 2-5 years post-PhD experience or currently hold postdoctoral positions or faculty posts.
- The academy is open to advanced junior scholars working to understand and map the levers of political, economic, and legal authority in the world today.
- Applications from those working on policy challenges of significance to communities in the Global South are highly welcome.
How to apply?
Prospective applicants can apply online for the Global Scholars Academy.
Note: Applicants should submit their applications and recommendation letters by Friday, 2 April 2021.
For more information and a list of the Academy’s 2021 Faculty/Professors, please visit the Harvard Law School IGLP.